9 to 11 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
The Big Island is one of the most diverse places on earth. For visitors, it can be difficult to comprehend the vastness of the island's diversity but this tour offers the chance to immerse yourself in it. You'll explore the rainforests and waterfalls along Mauna Kea's Hamakua Coast and the summit of the active volcano Kilauea in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, before watching Kilauea's lava lake glowing after sunset.
- Choose between a small-group tour limited to 6 people or a private tour exclusively for your party
- Get insights into local geography and history from your guide
- Hassle-free pickup and drop-off from your hotel
- See rainforests, waterfalls, sea cliffs, and lava flowing from an active volcano
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel/Airport pickup and drop-off
Transport by private vehicle
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We also pickup at vacation rentals and bed and breakfasts island wide.
- Hilo International Airport, 2450 Kekuanaoa St, Hilo, HI 96720, USA
- Port of Hilo, 80 Kuhio St, Hilo, HI 96720, USA
- The Pier, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USA
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Conditions subject to change.
- Please bring along close-toed shoes.
- A maximum of 6 people per booking.
- A minimum of 2 people per shared and 1 per exclusive is required.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY The Volcano Van
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Big Island BIG Volcano Adventure from Kona: Small Group?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Big Island BIG Volcano Adventure from Kona: Small Group?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Big Island BIG Volcano Adventure from Kona: Small Group?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Big Island BIG Volcano Adventure from Kona: Small Group?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "I highly recommend this tour, it was AMAZING, it worth every penny." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Big Island BIG Volcano Adventure from Kona: Small Group
9 to 11 hours
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursPorts of Call ToursFull-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsTours & SightseeingBig Island of HawaiiShore Excursions - HawaiiBus Tours - HawaiiPorts of Call Tours - HawaiiFull-day Tours - HawaiiShore Excursions - MauiBus Tours - MauiPorts of Call Tours - MauiFull-day Tours - MauiShore Excursions - OahuBus Tours - OahuPorts of Call Tours - OahuFull-day Tours - OahuCategory
Hiilawe FallsKolekole FallsSaddle Road (Hawaii Route 200)Isaac Hale Beach ParkKailua PierMountain Thunder Coffee PlantationKaloko-Honokohau National Historical ParkKohala CoastMauna Loa Macadamia Nut FactoryKeauhou BayImiloa Astronomy CenterSt. Benedict's Painted ChurchHulihee PalaceKona (Kailua Bay) Cruise PortOriginal King Kamehameha StatueKula Kai CavernsBanyan DriveNaha StoneRoyal Kona Coffee CenterMauna Loa