4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
See the Berlin most tourists don't get the chance to see on this action-packed guided tour of Berlin. Explore the hidden courtyards of Mitte. Head up the hill to Prenzlauer Berg, once a pioneering hipster neighborhood and today a zone occupied by up-and-coming artistic couples with children. Then head over to Friedrichshain, an area 'behind the Wall' before 1989 and that flourished in the 1990s with a Bohemian spirit. Then cross the river over to ethnically diverse Kreuzberg, today a swath of the city made up of artists and Turkish immigrants.
- Private half-day tour of Berlin's vibrant and exciting off-the-beaten-path neighborhoods
- Visit a former brewery-turned-cultural-center in Prenzlauer Berg
- Discover the hidden courtyards of Mitte
- Walk along the East Side Gallery, a long still-standing section of the Berlin Wall
- Shop in one of the many flea markets that take place around Berlin
Saved to wishlist!
Local, professional guide
Public transportation passes
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Different departure times available; please select at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Insider Tour Berlin
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Modern Berlin Walking Tour: A Diverse, Vibrant and Exciting New German Capital?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Modern Berlin Walking Tour: A Diverse, Vibrant and Exciting New German Capital?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
What is the social distancing policy during Private Modern Berlin Walking Tour: A Diverse, Vibrant and Exciting New German Capital?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Modern Berlin Walking Tour: A Diverse, Vibrant and Exciting New German Capital?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Modern Berlin Walking Tour: A Diverse, Vibrant and Exciting New German Capital
Explore Similar Things to Do
Rail ToursCity ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingBerlinRail Tours - PotsdamCity Tours - PotsdamWalking Tours - PotsdamHistorical Tours - PotsdamHalf-day Tours - PotsdamRail Tours - RostockCity Tours - RostockWalking Tours - RostockHistorical Tours - RostockHalf-day Tours - RostockRail Tours - PoznanCity Tours - PoznanWalking Tours - PoznanHistorical Tours - PoznanHalf-day Tours - PoznanCategory
PanoramapunktUnter den LindenPariser PlatzNikolaiviertel (Nicholas Quarter)DDR MuseumBerlin City Hall (Rotes Rathaus)Glienicke BridgeMuseum of Otto Weidt's Workshop for the Blind (Museum Blindenwerkstatt Otto Weidt)New SynagogueSoviet War Memorial TiergartenBerlin Cathedral (Berliner Dom)Tierpark BerlinTeufelsbergBerlin Zoo and AquariumBerlin Underground Museum (Berliner Unterwelten)Potsdam's GardensGeorg Kolbe MuseumOld Jewish Cemetery (Alter Jüdischer Friedhof)GendarmenmarktMitte