- Full-day walking tour of Potsdam from Berlin
- Admire the exterior of the Rococo Sanssouci Palace, the castle of Babelsberg, and the Marble Palace
- See the location of the Potsdam Conference that decided Germany’s fate after WWII
- Stroll through the picturesque Dutch Quarter
- Cross over the famous ‘Bridge of Spies’
- Walk under Potsdam’s very own Brandenburg Gate
- See Frederick the Great’s stunning Sanssouci Gardens—a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Departure & Return
In front of the Starbucks across from the S-Bahn "Hackescher Markt"
What To Expect
Stop by the palace of Cecilienhof, the site of the famous 1945 conference between the United States, Soviet Union, and the United Kingdom, where Truman, Churchill, and Stalin would seal Germany and Europe’s fate for the 20th Century, laying the groundwork for the Cold War. Continue to King Frederick William II’s Marble Palace, with its recreated Greek temple and scenic lakeside setting. From there, make your way through the 18th-century Nauener Gate and into Potsdam’s quaint Dutch quarter.
Break for lunch at your choice of several cafes in Potsdam’s town center. Stop off for a German beer or try some traditional coffee and cake. Once you’ve refueled, make your way through Potsdam’s own Brandenburg Gate (built before Berlin’s) to a UNESCO World Heritage Site: Frederick the Great’s Sanssouci Palace and Gardens.
Your walking tour finishes next to the Sanssouci Palace. Your guide then takes you on public transportation back to Berlin or, if you prefer, you can stay in Potsdam on your own to enjoy more of the gardens, visit the inside of one of the palaces, or even stay for dinner.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Original Berlin Walks
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms