5 to 6 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Learn about the ancient Maya civilization on a private day trip to Xunantunich, one of the most significant archaeological sites in Belize. Travel there with a personal guide for ease of navigation and save time researching the guidebooks. Climb to the top of El Castillo for views over the jungle and discover hieroglyphics of Maya beliefs inscripted in the stucco friezes. A barbecue lunch in town is provided.
- Full-day private tour of the Xunantunich archaeological site with your own guide
- Climb to the top of El Castillo, the ancient Maya city’s tallest temple
- Be mesmerized by the mountainous landscape of western Belize
- Included: entrance fee, transport by hand-cranked ferry, and BBQ lunch
Saved to wishlist!
National Park fees
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
If you are arriving from the island into Belize City you will be pick up at the water taxi terminal In Belize City or we could also pick up from the Municipal Airstrip also from Belize City
Our guest staying at any of the hotels in Belize City you will be pick up at your hotel
For our guest coming by cruise ship we will be at the tourism village in Belize City awaiting your arrival just outside the steps at terminal 1
- Philip S.W. Goldson Intl Airport, Belize City Belize
- Fort Street Tourism Village Belize City
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Dress code is formal
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 15 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY A Plus Adventures Belize
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Xunantunich Mayan Site Tour from Belize City?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Xunantunich Mayan Site Tour from Belize City?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Xunantunich Mayan Site Tour from Belize City?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Xunantunich Mayan Site Tour from Belize City?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 72497P3
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursArchaeology ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingBelize CityBus Tours - Ambergris CayeArchaeology Tours - Ambergris CayeBus Tours - HopkinsArchaeology Tours - HopkinsBus Tours - San IgnacioArchaeology Tours - San IgnacioCategory