9 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore the legacy of the ancient Mayan civilization in Belize, from the mighty pyramids of Altun Ha to the mysterious underworld known as Xibalba. Channel your inner archaeologist at the ruins of a once-mighty Mayan city, where you roam among sacred temples and altars that rise out of the jungle. Then, after trekking through the Belizean rain forest to reach an underground cave system, kayak inside a series of caverns studded with rock formations and a subterranean waterfall deep in the Maya Mountains.
- Altun Ha and cave kayaking combo tour from Belize City
- Visit the ruins of an ancient Mayan city at the Altun Ha archaeological site
- Learn the history behind sacred temples, pyramids, and altars from a guide
- Kayak through an elaborate cave system in the heart of the Maya Mountains
- Admire rock formations and an underground waterfall with an LED headlamp
- Stop for lunch at a local restaurant (own expense)
- Hotel pickup is included
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
Use of tubes or kayaks helmet, lights
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
small group tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
For guest arriving from San Pedro Ambergris cay, let us know your mode of travel, air taxi (maya air or Tropic Air arrive in belize city municipal airport at 730) or water taxi (san pedro belize express) leaves the island at 6:30 arrives in Belize City at 8:10, so we can meet you at the municipal airport or the water taxi terminal. We pick up at the hotels, water taxi terminals air bnb, and cruise port. come ashore very early and enjoy this adventure. cruise ships stay 4 miles offshore, the cruise provides boat shuttle tenders guest to shore. the tenders start at 7:45, there are 6 tenders each carrying 200 passengers going back and forth from ship to shore during the first hour. during this first hour most pre booked guest for ship tours and independents are on shored on tour. the tender boats are then reduced to 2 going through out the rest of the day. so its vital to get a early tender ticket, Come ashore early. near shore you will see the lighthouse, the terminal buildings housing giftshops. proceed to terminal 1 also known as the reef terminal and go thru the terminal to the EXIT where street side you will see us in RED shirts and holding the V.i.V sign
- Philip S.W. Goldson Intl Airport, Belize City Belize
- Belize City Municipal Airport, Belize City Belize
- San Pedro belize express water taxi terminal in Belize City
- Belize City Cruise ship port FSTV exit terminal 1, street side
- Terminal 1 exit street side Belize cruise port
- NOT Available from NCL HARVEST CAYE PORT
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- bring bug spray, towel, change of clothing
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Swim wear, closed toed shoe, no flip flops
- River shoe rental available
- Bring waterproof camera
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY V.I.V. Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Cave-tubing or Kayaking +7 Ziplines and Altun Ha?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Cave-tubing or Kayaking +7 Ziplines and Altun Ha?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Cave-tubing or Kayaking +7 Ziplines and Altun Ha?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Cave-tubing or Kayaking +7 Ziplines and Altun Ha?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 42577P3
Compare Similar Experiences
Cave-tubing or Kayaking +7 Ziplines and Altun Ha
4 hours 30 minutes
6 hours 30 minutes
5 hours 30 minutes
4 hours 30 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsTubingPorts of Call ToursKayakingRaftingWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingBelizeBelize CityShore Excursions - Ambergris CayeTubing - Ambergris CayePorts of Call Tours - Ambergris CayeKayaking - Ambergris CayeRafting - Ambergris CayeShore Excursions - HopkinsTubing - HopkinsPorts of Call Tours - HopkinsKayaking - HopkinsRafting - HopkinsShore Excursions - San IgnacioTubing - San IgnacioPorts of Call Tours - San IgnacioKayaking - San IgnacioRafting - San IgnacioCategory