8 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Discover the trenches and terrible story of World War I’s Battle of the Somme on a full-day battlefield trip from Arras with an expert guide. Traveling to key battle sites and memorials by minivan, learn about the planning, execution and human cost of the infamous 1916 Western Front campaign. Visit must-sees including Pozieres Ridge and the Beaumont Hamel trenches; pay homage at Thiepval and other memorials; hear soldiers’ individual stories; and explore the grim events further at the Thiepval visitor center. Numbers are limited to eight for a small-group experience and entry fees and round-trip transport from Arras train station are included.
- Full-day Battle of Somme battlefield tour from Arras, with air-conditioned transport
- Explore the key sites of the World War I attritional campaign of 1916
- Walk in the footsteps of soldiers at Beaumont Hamel's trenches, Pozieres Ridge and Schwaben Redoubt
- Pause at the Thiepval Memorial and learn the in-depth story of the campaign at the Visitor Center
- Visit other pivotal sites and monuments, including the Australian Memorial and Lochnagar Mine Crater
- Hear the stories of soldiers and the main Somme offensives from a knowledgeable guide
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people for a more personalized atmosphere
Saved to wishlist!
Pickup and drop-off in central Arras
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Pl. du Maréchal Foch, 62000 Arras, France
Please wait at the glass doors at the station entrance.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY The Battlefields Experience
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 13265P1
Compare Similar Experiences
The Battle of the Somme Guided Day Tour from Arras
7 hours 50 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingArrasBus Tours - Nord-Pas de CalaisHistorical Tours - Nord-Pas de CalaisFull-day Tours - Nord-Pas de CalaisCategory