6 to 9 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Depart Arras and honor the Australian World War I soldiers who fought and died at Fromelles and Flanders on this private day trip, accompanied by an expert driver-guide. Adjust your sightseeing around your interests with a flexible itinerary, and stand at battlegrounds and memorials forever associated with Australian endeavor. See the Messines craters caused by mines deployed by Australian tunnelers; visit Tyne Cot Cemetery and Polygon Wood; and view the ‘Cobbers’ statue and more at Fromelles Memorial Park. Finish with a visit to Ypres to witness its Last Post Ceremony.
- Private WWI Australian battlefields of Flanders and Fromelles day trip from Arras, with an informative driver-guide and lunch
- Visit the Fromelles Memorial Park and Museum at the site of the first Australian attack of the Great War
- Experience the battlefield, VC Corner Cemetery and iconic ‘Cobbers’ sculpture
- Tour the Plugstreet 14-18 Experience at Ploegsteert and see Polygon Wood's 5th Australian Division Memorial
- Stand at Hill 60 of Messines, and hear about the underground war waged by the Ist Australian Tunneling Company
- Remember the dead at Passchendaele's Tyne Cot Cemetery and Ypres' Last Post Ceremony
- Enjoy a personalized experience and flexible itinerary with a private driver-guide
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
I can also pick yo up at the train station. Arras is 50 minutes away from Paris by train.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of two people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Ploegsteert Sector Battlefield Experience
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Australian Battlefields Private Tour in Flanders and Fromelles from Arras?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Australian Battlefields Private Tour in Flanders and Fromelles from Arras?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Australian Battlefields Private Tour in Flanders and Fromelles from Arras?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Australian Battlefields Private Tour in Flanders and Fromelles from Arras?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Australian Battlefields Private Tour in Flanders and Fromelles from Arras
6 to 9 hours
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingArrasBus Tours - Nord-Pas de CalaisHistorical Tours - Nord-Pas de CalaisCategory