- Overnight trip to Tikal and Yaxha from Antigua
- Tour the beautiful Mayan ruin sites of Tikal and Yaxha with your expert guide
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Tikal National Park
- Get up close to native wildlife as you venture into the Guatemalan jungle
- 1 night of accommodation, breakfast, lunch and round-trip airfare
- Complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up time will be within the 15 minutes of your established departure time. Please wait at the lobby of your hotel.
What To Expect
Start your Mayan adventure with an early morning pickup from your Antigua hotel, proceeding on to Guatemala City’s airport for your quick flight to the northern city of Flores. Upon your arrival, continue on to the sacred Mayan site of Tikal National Park (Parque Nacional Tikal).
Covering more than 341 square miles (550 sq km) the grounds of Tikal are home to several thousand individual structures. Start your exploration from the city’s Central Acropolis, home to a labyrinth of courtyards, temples and small interior rooms, before proceeding to Complex Q and R, site of the twin pyramids and a beautiful religious altar area out front.
Then continue on to Temple I, also known as the Temple of the Grand Jaguar, which was built to honor Mayan King Moon Double Comb. This 144-foot (44m) high temple contains an enclosure of several small rooms leading to the steep stairs that climb to the temple’s peak. You’ll also check out the nearby Temple II, known to experts as the Temple of the Masks.Spend the second half of your day at Tikal with lunch at the site, followed by an afternoon to explore at your leisure and finishing with an overnight at your included hotel.
Start your second day with included breakfast at your hotel, before heading southeast to the Mayan site of Yaxha. Admire this religious site’s picturesque locale situated among the thick jungle along the shores of Yaxha and Sacnab lakes, before exploring its key structures with your guide. Among the more than 500 buildings you’ll see at Yaxha are the impressive pyramid temples, the site’s ball court, and its beautiful elevated plazas.
After finishing your tour of the ruins, enjoy an onsite lunch before beginning your trip back to the airport and on to your hotel back in Antigua.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY Guatemalan Adventure
If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Tikal and Yaxha Overnight Trip by Air from Antigua.