- Full day tour of Iximché and Antigua
- Visit the archeological site of Iximché, the first capital of Guatemala
- Explore the colonial city of Antigua on a sightseeing tour
- Learn the history of the city from your expert guide as you visit La Merced Church, Calle del Arco, Central Plaza, San Francisco Church and more
- Hotel pickup and drop-off and all entrance fees included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Start your morning with pickup at 9am from your Antigua hotel, continuing to the archaeological site of Iximché, located about an hour northwest of town, with your guide. This unique site was once the capital of the Kaqchiquel Maya, offering a great introduction to the Mayan customs and culture. Check out the site’s four ceremonial plazas, flanked by ball courts and its taller temple buildings. The plazas are believed to have been locations for residents' housing and special events, while the ball courts were dedicated to an intriguing sport played by the Mayans that dates to 1400 BC.
After spending two hours at Iximché, continue back to Antigua for a city tour. Stop for lunch at a centrally located restaurant (at your own expense) before heading to the Central Plaza to visit San Francisco Church. Inside the church, take a look at the shrine of Peter of St. Joseph Betancur. Then continue on to the ruins of Santo Domingo Monastery, formerly one of the grandest in all of Central America. Proceed next to the arch of Santa Catalina, one of Antigua’s most iconic landmarks and once the home of Santa Catalina Convent.
Wrap up your tour with a visit to the beautiful baroque-style La Merced Church and with a stop at the Jade Museum, where you’ll view the property’s unique jewelry collection and see artisans as they create one-of-a-kind jewelry pieces. Finish with a drop off back at your Antigua hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Guatemalan Adventure
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff