8 to 12 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Challenge yourself by climbing the Acatenango volcano. Your experienced bilingual guide will lead you on a roughly 6-hour climb, passing through cornfields and a cloud forest before reaching the ashy volcanic landscape. Acatenango is inactive but grants incredible views of Fuego, an active volcano nearby. Enjoy a picnic at the top before descending. Climbers are encouraged to bring good shoes, a fleece, raincoat, sunglasses, and sunblock.
- Check out the smoke and lava of an active volcano
- Bilingual guide with climbing experience and knowledge of the area
- Picnic at the top of a volcano
- Convenient transport to and from Antigua
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Entrance fees of 50 Quetzales per person, to be paid upon arrival to the volcano (where you start the hike)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from any hotel, place or address inside Antigua Guatemala.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We will supply a 2 L water bottle per person, but please bring more water if you feel you should need it. Also bring a small back pack to carry the lunch, good shoes, good jacket, sunglasses, sunscreen, rain jacket.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Adora Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Acatenango Volcano Day Hike from Antigua?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Acatenango Volcano Day Hike from Antigua?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Acatenango Volcano Day Hike from Antigua?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Acatenango Volcano Day Hike from Antigua
8 to 12 hours
Explore Similar Things to Do
HikingFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingAntiguaHiking - Central HighlandsFull-day Tours - Central HighlandsHiking - Guatemala CityFull-day Tours - Guatemala CityHiking - PanajachelFull-day Tours - PanajachelCategory
Jade Factory and Museum (Jade Maya) Tours & TicketsSanta Catalina Arch (Arco de Santa Catalina) Tours & TicketsAcatenango Tours & TicketsLas Capuchinas (Convento de Las Capuchinas) Tours & TicketsCatedral de Santiago (Antigua Cathedral) Tours & TicketsCasa Santo Domingo (Monasterio de Santo Domingo) Tours & TicketsMuseum of Colonial Art (Museo de Arte Colonial) Tours & TicketsPalace of the Captains General (Palacio de los Capitanes Generales) Tours & TicketsAntigua City Hall (Palacio del Ayuntamiento) Tours & Tickets