2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Follow a path through Amsterdam’s Jewish history and heritage on a walking tour of the city with a local guide. Visit the Portuguese synagogue then explore an atmospheric neighborhood where 16th-century Jewish residents created a thriving community. Hear stories of the tragic period when German fences made the area into a closed ghetto and learn about the families who struggled to survive the holocaust, and about modern-day Jewish people in Amsterdam.
- Jewish heritage walking tour of Amsterdam
- Learn about the Jewish people who have lived in the city for 5 centuries
- Explore a historically Jewish district
- Hear about Amsterdam during WWII
- Get inside tips from a local
Saved to wishlist!
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Experienced, knowledgeable, and friendly guide with a focus on Jewish history
Visit Portuguese Synagogue & Jewish Historical Museum. The Synagogue is closed on Saturday.
Food and drinks
Hotel pickup and drop-off
The National Holocaust Museum & The Hollandsche Schouwburg are closed voor renovation in 2021
Departure & Return
Jonas Daniël Meijerplein, 1018 DP Amsterdam, Netherlands
Statue Dockworker, Jonas D. Meijerplein, Amsterdam
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Choice of morning and afternoon departure
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY HTG Services
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the social distancing policy during Jewish History Morning or Afternoon Walking Tour in Amsterdam?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Jewish History Morning or Afternoon Walking Tour in Amsterdam?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Jewish History Morning or Afternoon Walking Tour in Amsterdam
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingAmsterdamCity Tours - RotterdamWalking Tours - RotterdamHistorical Tours - RotterdamCity Tours - DordrechtWalking Tours - DordrechtHistorical Tours - DordrechtCity Tours - LeeuwardenWalking Tours - LeeuwardenHistorical Tours - LeeuwardenCategory
VondelparkMuseum of Medieval Torture InstrumentsAmsterdam MuseumHouseboat Museum (Woonboot Museum)EYE Film Institute (EYE Filmmuseum)Dam SquareMadame Tussauds AmsterdamVolendamRed Light Secrets (Museum of Prostitution)Singel CanalThe Nine Streets (De Negen Straatjes)NEMO Science MuseumJohan Cruyff ArenaTheater AmsterdamRoyal Palace Amsterdam (Koninklijk Paleis Amsterdam)Bridge of 15 BridgesFOAM Photography Museum Amsterdam (Fotografiemuseum Amsterdam)Stedelijk MuseumDutch Resistance Museum (Amsterdams Verzetsmuseum)Museum Van Loon