- Private walking tour of Alkmaar
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- See historic highlights in the old town
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Get inside tips from a local
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Includes admission to the Dutch Cheese Museum
Departure & Return
In front of GWK Travelex at the train station of Alkmaar.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Learn a bit about local history as you walk down the colorful shopping street in the heart of town, and step inside the St. Lawrence Church to see a pair of beautiful pipe organs (summer months only). Hear about the Dutch golden age when you visit the public weighing house, and stop by the city hall that was built during the Dutch War of Independence—with a bullet hole from 1573 preserved in the façade.
The tour concludes at the Dutch Cheese Museum and includes entrance fees: continue into the museum on your own to explore cheese history and technology.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY HTG Services
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands