Captain Cook Memorial Museum
Chronicling the life and times of the iconic explorer, the Captain Cook Memorial Museum offers fascinating insight into Whitby's most famous former resident. Housed in the 17th-century home where a young James Cook took on his apprenticeship as a seaman, the museum’s star attraction is Cook’s attic room, decked out in period furnishings.
At the museum, visitors can learn about Cook's now-legendary voyages through a fascinating collection of artifacts, letters, ship models and maps. Pore over original letters written by Cook and his crew; follow his travels through maps and charts; see items brought back from Cook's long journeys to New Zealand and the Pacific Islands; and admire paintings of the voyages by Parkinson, Hodges and Webber.
Browse. Filter. Book.
What are Captain Cook Memorial Museum hours of operation?
Should I book Captain Cook Memorial Museum tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Captain Cook Memorial Museum 2020?
What's the best way to experience Captain Cook Memorial Museum?
- Private Day Trip to Whitby and the North York Moors from York
- Essential Whitby: Discover the town’s legends and treasures on an audio tour
- Whitby's Historic East Side: An audio tour uncovering the east side's tales
Things to do near Yorkshire
- Things to do in York
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in North West England
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Blackpool
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Northeast Scotland
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in South West England
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in North Holland