York Maze Tours and Activities
Read MoreShow Less
A giant outdoor maze made from more than one million maize plants is the star attraction at this family-friendly adventure park. As well as smaller themed mazes, York Maze is home to slides, a climbing zone, inflatables, tractor rides, crazy golf, and remote-controlled boats.
Book a single, family, or season admission ticket to the maze in advance of your visit in order to save time waiting on the day. Passes grant you access to most of the attractions and activities, with the exception of the coin-operated quad bikes and remote-controlled boats. Some York sightseeing passes include entrance to York Maze.
Things to Know Before You Go
- York Maze provides a fun-filled alternative to historical sights for families with young children.
- Pack a towel and a spare set of clothes as some activities involve getting wet.
- York Maze itself is wheelchair-accessible; the paths through the maze, made of packed soil, are stroller and wheelchair-friendly except after heavy rain, when they may become muddy. Most other on-site attractions are not wheelchair-accessible.
- There’s a restaurant and coffee shop, as well as picnic benches to enjoy packed lunches.
How to Get There
York Maze is in the east of the city, about a 20-minute drive from the historic center. To get there by public transport, ride the York Pullman number 36 bus from the city center. Bus services run only during the summer school holidays when the maze is open.
When to Get There
York Maze is a seasonal attraction, opening in July and closing in early September to allow for the harvesting of the maize crop. The maze is redesigned annually, so you can expect a fresh experience every summer. The site also hosts an annual ticketed Halloween event.
York is a family-friendly city with lots to offer little ones. In addition to the York Maze, young explorers will also enjoy the animatronic Viking displays at the Jorvik Viking Center, the toy exhibits at York Castle Museum, and the old-fashioned sweet shops of the Shambles. The York City Walls, which run around the periphery of the city center, are a popular spot for family strolls, though they are accessible only via steps so if you have a stroller, you’ll have to carry it up and down.
Address: Elvington Ln, York, North Yorkshire YO19 5LT, England
0 Tours and Activities to Experience York Maze
No results found!
- Things to do in Yorkshire
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in Oxford
- Things to do in Edinburgh
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Glasgow
- Things to do in Bristol
- Things to do in North West England
- Things to do in North East England