Top Split Outdoor Activities
Keen sailors can sail the Adriatic Sea over to the island of Čiovo for a delicious beach-side seafood lunch, or opt for an extended experience on the high seas with a week-long cruise down the Dalmatian Coast. Highlights may include the romantic city of Dubrovnik and the lesser-known island of Korcula. Alternatively, take a sea-kayaking tour around the foot of Marjan, the forested peninsula that dominates the southern suburbs of Split, or choose an eight-hour kayaking trip and paddle all the way to the cosmopolitan party-island of Hvar. Adrenaline junkies will get a rush on a white-water rafting trip down the Cetina River. Life jackets and safety equipment are provided.
On dry land, Krka National Park is one of the most popular day trips from Split thanks to its emerald lakes and 17 crashing waterfalls, all easily seen from the wooden boardwalks that wind their way through the park. Travelers can also head to Marjan, set on the side of a dormant volcano, for a challenging hike through the untamed pines that offers views over the islands and the azure-blue Adriatic. If that's too tame, learn how to rock climb on an expert-led climbing class high up among Marjan's limestone crags, or take the effort out of traveling uphill and explore the peninsula's many shady trails by electric bike.
439 results | All Split Tours
* A traveler said: "It was an amazing experience with you guys. 3 islands tour is more than enough for us and we enjoyed a lot!"
* A traveler said: "Plitvice lakes were stunning! And our guide Elena was fantastic. This ride is ideal for folks who aren’t able to rent a car, or who don’t have time to do a road trip to the Lakes (the drive itself from Split is quite long, but scenic)"
* A traveler said: "Amazing day trip on the Adriatic sea! Everything was included, great food, drinks of every kind, a walking tour on the island of Hvar, dessert, music and dancing! The staff was friendly and accommodating. The stops were long enough without being too long and the day ended with the sunset as we rode back into the harbor. Perfect day!"
* A traveler said: "The tour was fantastic so easy and stress free. Tonko our tour guide was amazing he was informative, friendly and went above and beyond to ensure that we had the best time, he really made our experience on this tour. Would really recommend this tour to anyone."
* A traveler said: "Tour guide very friendly, easy to understand. Minimal waiting time. Best value for money. Overall a great experience"
* A traveler said: "Thoroughly enjoyed the day trip! Tony was a great guide. Definitely can do Plitvice Lakes in one day."
* A traveler said: "A fantastic experience! It was a beautiful and joyful ride in kind of terrains. Which makes the ride fun and challenging. The food was amazing and was served too us in a typical house in Croatia out on the countryside. Which gave an authentic feeling. A big thanks to our instructor Blush! This is a must do when visiting Croatia."
* A traveler said: "Kids x 4 gave it 10/10 they are 16,18 ,19 and 21 never give. Such a high score - loved it PleAse note time given is for experience itself - add 1 hour to get there from Split and 1 hour back"
* A traveler said: "Amazing experience. The whole family loved it. The scenery is great and the zip wires are thrilling, especially the first one which is the longest and fastest of them all. The guides were really helpful and fun."
* A traveler said: "What an amazing day we had. My friend an I were only in Split for a few days and this was the first activity we carried out. By far exceeded our expectations. Definitely recommend to anyone considering travelling here and want a quick day out."
* A traveler said: "Great value for money. Our guide was really friendly and answered any questions that we had. It was just the right amount of time to spend at each location. I recommend going to the wine garden in the last town we were in."
* A traveler said: "This tour was amazing! Recommend to anyone traveling to Croatia. I will say this experience was a little scary though. There are several moments where you are climbing high up and down the canyon with little to hold on to. So if you are afraid of heights, definitely not for you. However, if you are for an adrenaline rush, this is a must do."
* A traveler said: "Mijo was an excellent tour guide, he was very knowledgable and communicated very well with the whole group. His tour gave an excellent historical account of split and gave us good reccomendations for tourist attractions."
* A traveler said: "Brilliant tour, great value, well paced, got everything I wanted out of it. Our guide Daniela really made the experience, she was friendly, informative and really went above to beyond to accommodate us. Highly recommended."
* A traveler said: "We had a fabulous experience on this trip. Our skipper and guide Mario and Lena were so much fun, they obviously love what they do and made sure we all had a great time. We saw the Blue Cave, and all the locations mentioned, but our time in the speedboat was so much fun too. Thanks for a great day out guys."
* A traveler said: "Nice experience, crossing the canyon a few time was memorable. Very accessible if you do not have the fear of height."
* A traveler said: "Great tour! Guided tour at waterfalls was good and then gave us free time to explore on our time. Free time at an amazing beach at the end."
* A traveler said: "Bravo! Toni, quite simply, is one of the best guides I’ve encountered. He is attuned to the interests and backgrounds of his clients and he engaged effortlessly with all of us. He put the palace in context and made it come alive. I am a complete history nerd and have taken many tours. This was one of the very very best."
* A traveler said: "Great tour, quick and convenient for a half day, nice and informative captains and an adventurous ride on a boat we were not expecting."
* A traveler said: "Great trip of the surrounding islands. And the lunch was delicious as well. The service was exceptional. Sights were a little crowded but nothing the tour guide can do about it. The RHIB we ride around is a fun experience. I do wish we spent more time at the winery but that was a neat homey experience"
* A traveler said: "Picked up from the hotel bang on time, Domo was a really friendly, helpful and well informed guide. Nice mix with just over an hour in Trogir, long enough to walk through to the park to the falls, take loads of photos, swim and then eat, finished off with the boat trip on the river"
* A traveler said: "The blue lagoon was lovely and we had plenty of time to relax and swim. Trogir was also fun to explore and we had plenty of time there too."
* A traveler said: "This tour has everything for such a reasonable rate! Rafting, canyoning, cliff jumping, professional guide that was knowledgeable and fun and even a photographer along the way. They provided juice and cookies at the end and the digital photos were excellent and not overpriced. Highly recommend this tour."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Plitvice Lakes National Park Day Trip from Split
- Full-Day Catamaran Cruise to Hvar & Pakleni Islands with Food and free Drinks
- Krka Waterfalls and Sibenik Day Trip Including Wine Tasting from Split
- Krka Waterfalls Wanderers Day Tour from Split and Trogir
- Plitvice Lakes small group tour from Split or Trogir with entry ticket
- Gates of Diocletian's Palace
- Port of Split (Luka Split)
- Gregory of Nin (Grgur Ninski)
- Republic Square (Prokurative)
- Poljud Stadium (Stadion Poljud)
- Split Archaeological Museum (Arheoloski Muzej Split)
- Fruit's Square (Trg Brace Radic)
- Bacvice Beach
- Riva Promenade (Riva Split Waterfront)
- Split Ethnographic Museum (Etnografski Muzej Split)
- Budikovac Island (Veliki Budikovac)
- Zlatni Rat Beach (Golden Horn)
- Peristyle Square (Peristil)
- Mestrovic Gallery (Galerija Mestrovic)
- Klis Fortress (Tvrdava Klis)
- Things to do in Dalmatia
- Things to do in Hvar
- Things to do in Šibenik
- Things to do in Makarska
- Things to do in Zadar
- Things to do in Visoko
- Things to do in Sarajevo
- Things to do in Dubrovnik
- Things to do in Zagreb
- Things to do in Ljubljana
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Sorrento
- Things to do in Rome
- Things to do in Central Croatia
- Things to do in Adriatic Coast
Day Trips from Split
- Split to Croatia
- Split to Zagreb
- Split to Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Split to Krka National Park
- Split to Klis Fortress (Tvrdava Klis)
- Split to Kravice Waterfall (Vodopad Kravica)
- Split to Hvar
- Split to Mostar
- Split to Pakleni Islands (Paklinski Islands)
- Split to Zadar
- Split to Dalmatia
- Split to Šibenik
- Split to Makarska
- Split to Trogir
- Split to Brac Island