Port of Split (Luka Split)
In addition to larger vessels, the Port of Split caters to yachts, fishing boats, and light watercraft. As it's just southeast of the city and adjacent to public transportation, it's convenient for both day-trippers and those planning a shore excursion. Walk 10 minutes from the port to reach Old Town with highlights such as Diocletian’s Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage Site; take a shore excursion to discover the millennia-old city; or go white-water rafting on the Cetina River.
Things to Know Before You Go
Be prepared for some company—the Port of Split attracts upwards of 5 million visitors a year.
Much of Split’s Old Town can only be accessed on foot; dress in comfortable shoes that have good grip, as the marble streets can be slippery.
Nearby attractions include the world-famous Diocletian’s Palace, as well as the Split Cathedral and the Meštrović Gallery, dedicated to sculptor Ivan Meštrović.
An array of restaurants, bars, and cafés can be found minutes from the Port; the city’s popular Green Market is also a good place to nibble and browse.
How to Get to Split From the Port of Split
The Port of Split is located a quick commute from the city center. If your luggage is light, the 10-minute, slightly uphill journey is easy to accomplish on foot; alternatively, taxis will ferry you directly to your local destination. The city’s major train and bus stations are also located right along the port.
Cruise lines, small yachts, and other vessels all stop at the Port of Split. Croatian is the local language, though English is understood widely. The local currency is the kuna.
- Things to do in Dalmatia
- Things to do in Hvar
- Things to do in Šibenik
- Things to do in Makarska
- Things to do in Zadar
- Things to do in Visoko
- Things to do in Sarajevo
- Things to do in Dubrovnik
- Things to do in Zagreb
- Things to do in Ljubljana
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Sorrento
- Things to do in Rome
- Things to do in Central Croatia
- Things to do in Adriatic Coast
- Split Ethnographic Museum (Etnografski Muzej Split)
- Cathedral of St. Dominus (Katedrala Svetog Duje)
- Peristyle Square (Peristil)
- Diocletian's Palace
- Gates of Diocletian's Palace
- Temple of Jupiter
- Riva Promenade (Riva Split Waterfront)
- Gregory of Nin (Grgur Ninski)
- Fruit's Square (Trg Brace Radic)
- Republic Square (Prokurative)
- Bacvice Beach
- Split Archaeological Museum (Arheoloski Muzej Split)
- Poljud Stadium (Stadion Poljud)
- Mestrovic Gallery (Galerija Mestrovic)