Top South West England Historical Tours
96 results | All South West England Tours
* A traveler said: "Very knowledgeable guide (man can’t remember his name ) Enjoyed the trip Lovely walk around the city"
* A traveler said: "What can we say about this tour apart from a must for anyone visiting Bristol. Luke not only was great tour guide but was full of knowledge and even threw in a few games which it made fun . Thanks Luke ."
* A traveler said: "A very professional, friendly team, our 2 hour cruise was on a perfect day, calm warm sunny weather, we were welcomed, had everything explained and set off for a fabulous cruise taking in fantastic views, our pilot was superb, very knowledgeable, good presentation throughout, and perfectly clear to hear every word."
* A traveler said: "Great tour, lots of interesting facts about Bath! Simon is a great host! Our whole group enjoyed it! Would definitely recommend."
* A traveler said: "Has been sensational, the guide with Alex was beautiful and very well explained, very smart and precise guy. Love it"
* A traveler said: "A very good, well-timed schedule. Richard was an excellent guide providing useful information with welcome humorous notes. A highly recommended tour."
* A traveler said: "Daniel was both enlightening and entertaining. I learned a lot about the history of Bath and its people. I greatly appreciated being taken to the view of the city from on high."
* A traveler said: "Tony, our guide, was very knowledgeable and a really nice person. We all learnt a lot about the history of Bath."
* A traveler said: "We had a great tour of Falmouth with Will, very informative and we learned loads about the town. Will was very polite, courteous, knowledgable and very enthusiastic about his surroundings. Some tours just give you dates and facts until they come out of your ears, Will did give us facts but also told stories of old at the same time which helped bring the place to life and gave us what we felt was a true feel for the place, warts and all. Fascinating history, fascinating place and I am sure fascinating people over the years. It’s a benefit to Falmouth that it didn’t expand and become a sprawling giant, which it could well have done, because remaining the size it is helps maintain its charm and perhaps romantic qualities. I would go further than recommending you try Will and his tour, I would say it’s a must if you go to Falmouth and want to know more in the company of a great person. No, I am not related to him, nor have I been paid to say this! LOL it really was that good. Oh, one more thing, he dresses as a pirate which is great for the kids."
* A traveler said: "A great two hour walking tour of Winchester taking in the sites and having a really interesting history lesson."
* A traveler said: "I had a wonderful time on this tour. Laurence has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to the Monolithic sites throughout Wiltshire, England. I highly recommend this tour. You won't be disappointed!"
* A traveler said: "The tour was really good! I did not really know about the regency period and our guide highlighted the effect of it in the context of Bath and Bridgerton. Luckily, there was not too much about Bridgerton, but much more about Bath."
* A traveler said: "Mike was a great tour guide and mixed tour with history and modern stories about this great city. He was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about Bristol the time just flew by it was a great couple of hours walking and learning the history of the city"
* A traveler said: "Jules was a fantastic host and driver on our most favorite day spent in the English Countryside. Don't be put off by price, the memories are worth it!"
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide (did not catch his name but he was Italian!) was terrific. There were four of us so we had a private tour and he was very knowledgeable about history and the area. I highly recommend it!"
* A traveler said: "Excellent tour by Mike who was very knowledgable and a great guide; filled in many ‘gaps’ for us and the information was pitched at the right level"
* A traveler said: "Jules was amazing, informative and engaging! Small Group was perfect-met two new friends (Pauline and Tony)! It was spectacular to see authentic English towns instead of the commercialized areas. Really enjoyed!! In fact this was one of our favorite parts of our entire trip!! Highly recommend!!"
* A traveler said: "The whole experience was totally enjoyable from the moment we were picked up to the moment we were dropped off. Our guide made us feel extremely welcome and relaxed and he was very knowledgeable about the area as well as Stonehenge"
* A traveler said: "This was a very lovely experience. Mike was knowledgeable and an inspiring guide, and the cream tea was just gorgeous."
* A traveler said: "Paul's tour was fantastic and so informative, he's also a very nice guy and therefore a great way to fill a spare couple of hours Thanks from Jeff Brackley and Ron Gray."
* A traveler said: "Very good trip to Stonehenge in minibus with small group. Our driver pointed out places of interest and some history on the way. We had 2 hours there which was about right to see the stones and the visitor centre was very informative too. Would recommend."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Salisbury Museum
- Bombay Sapphire Distillery
- Fleet Air Arm Museum
- Babbacombe Model Village
- Wiltshire Museum
- Russell-Cotes Art Gallery & Museum
- Butlin's Minehead
- Brunel's SS Great Britain
- Cheddar Gorge
- Smoke & Mirrors
- International Centre for Birds of Prey (ICBP)
- Eden Project
- Weymouth SEA LIFE® Adventure Park
- Roman Baths
- Things to do in Bristol
- Things to do in Cornwall
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in Normandy
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in Cardiff
- Things to do in Southampton
- Things to do in Oxford
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in North West England
- Things to do in Yorkshire
- Things to do in South West Ireland
- Things to do in Loire Valley
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais