Things to Do in San Juan This Winter
San Juan’s sunny weather lures lots of northern-hemisphere travelers during the winter months. Though peak tourist season brings crowds, it’s the ideal time for outdoor exploration and adventure. Here are a few ways to experience San Juan in winter.
- Unpeel the layers of history in the colorful buildings and charming streets of Old San Juan on a walking tour.
- Go hiking in El Yunque, the only tropical rain forest in the United States National Forest system.
- Discover one of San Juan’s hidden waterfalls on a hiking adventure.
- Tour the distillery and learn how to make classic rum cocktails at Casa Bacardi.
- Embrace the outdoors on a rafting, caving, and hiking adventure.
- Soak up the sun on a day trip to the island of Culebra.
- Improve your wave-catching skills with a surfing lesson.
- Soar over the rain-forest canopy on a ziplining tour.
- Kayak through glowing water on a bioluminescent bay tour.
- Sail into the sunset on a cocktail cruise aboard a luxe catamaran.