How to Spend a Rainy Day in San Juan
San Juan may seem like it enjoys year-round sunshine, but the April-November rainy season increases the likelihood of downpours in Puerto Rico’s capital. Don’t let wet weather ruin your vacation though—here’s how to ride out the rain in San Juan.
- See the sights of San Juan without getting wet on a driving tour of the city.
- Stop by some of San Juan’s top art museums, such as Fundación Casa Cortés and the Puerto Rico Art Museum (Museo de Arte de Puerto Rico), or create some artwork of your own during a painting workshop.
- You can still stay dry while whetting your whistle: join a bar hop, craft cocktails during a mixology class, or take a Casa Bacardi tour.
- Practice your moves during a salsa dancing class or learn to play the drums during a music workshop.
- Escape the rain and relax tired muscles during an ocean-view yoga lesson.
- Sample the best of Puerto Rican cuisine—and whip up some dishes for yourself—during a hands-on cooking class.