Things to Do in San Francisco This Winter
December through February can bring fog and crisper temps to San Francisco’s generally mild, temperate weather—perfect for cozying up with a hot beverage or doing some holiday sightseeing. Many visitors choose to venture farther afield to the snowy wonderlands found in the nearby mountains. Here are some options for exploring SF in winter.
Get into the holiday spirit with a festivecable car tourof the city’s dazzling lights.
Glide under the Golden Gate Bridge during aholiday dinner and dancing cruiseon San Francisco Bay.
Warm up with a legendary drink on apub crawl in bohemian North Beach.
Hover above San Francisco landmarks on ascenic helicopter tour.
Ride adouble-decker buspast top attractions for evening sightseeing.
*Visit Alcatraz Islandand learn about the former penitentiary and its infamous inmates.
Take abehind-the-scenes tour of the California Academy of Sciencesafter exploring Golden Gate Park.
Take the entire family to theAquarium of the Bayand hang out with sharks, rays, octopus, jellyfish, river otters, and more.
*See Yosemite’s granite peakssprinkled in snow and admire the national park’s majestic waterfalls.
- Go skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, or snowmobiling atLake Tahoe.
5 Tours and Activities | All San Francisco Tours
- How to Get Off the Beaten Path in San Francisco
- Food Lover's Guide to the San Francisco Bay Area
- San Francisco Museums After Dark
- San Francisco Dining Cruises
- Don't-Miss Dishes in San Francisco
- How to Spend a Rainy Day in San Francisco
- Biking Across the Golden Gate Bridge
- Things to Do in San Francisco This Winter