SS Jeremiah O'Brien
San Francisco has one of the only remaining historic World War II Liberty ships docked in its bay, and it is open to visitors. Named for American Revolutionary War ship captain, the SS Jeremiah O’Brien is one of only two currently operational World War II Liberty ships afloat of the 2,700 built during the war. The ship survived the storming of Normandy on D-Day in 1944, and is now a National Historic Landmark visitors can tour near Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco.
The preserved Liberty ship is completely unaltered, allowing for an authentic and accurate historical experience of exploring the ship just as it was made. Walking through the hallways and on deck, one can truly experience a time and place of being on the ocean in wartime decades ago. Everything from the engine room to the flying bridge is accessible to visitors, allowing a rare glimpse into life at sea and at war at that time.
SS Jeremiah O'Brien Tours
What are SS Jeremiah O'Brien hours of operation?
Should I book SS Jeremiah O'Brien tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit SS Jeremiah O'Brien 2021?
What's the best way to experience SS Jeremiah O'Brien?
- Alcatraz Ticket + Fisherman's Wharf Walking Tour
- Golden Gate Bay Cruise + Fisherman's Wharf Walking Tour
- Fisherman's Wharf Walking Tour
- Muir Woods + Fisherman's Wharf + Sausalito Tour
Things to do near San Francisco
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in Santa Rosa
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon