With its prime downtown location, Petco Park is easy to visit during your time in San Diego. Several sightseeing tours provide views of the stadium, including waterfront Segway tours, independent GoCar tours, and panoramic city tours. To go to a baseball game, you can purchase tickets on the official Padres’ website. Or book a guided stadium tour to see the dugout, press box, and other places that are usually off-limits to the public.
Recent reviews from experiences in San Diego
Things to Know Before You Go
Petco Park is a must for baseball fans visiting San Diego.
Bags are inspected upon entry; hard-sided coolers, metal-frame backpacks, and large bags cannot be brought into the park.
Outside beverages are not permitted inside the park except for sealed bottled water less than 1 liter, and soft-sided single juice or milk containers for children.
All ballpark entry points are accessible to wheelchairs and strollers.
How to Get There
Petco Park is located between 7th Avenue, 10th Avenue, J Street, and Park Boulevard, on the southern edge of the Gaslamp Quarter. Parking is expensive and can be difficult, so try to walk or take public transport, including the Trolley, the Coaster, and several city buses such as lines 12 and 901.
When to Get There
The Major League Baseball season runs from roughly early April to early October, followed by the postseason, which extends through October. The Park at the Park opens 2.5 hours before game time via the Gaslamp and East Village gates; all other entries open 90 minutes before game time. Guided tours usually take place daily except on game days and other select dates.
Park at the Park
If you’d rather sprawl on the grass during a game instead of sitting with the masses in the stadium, head to Park at the Park, a 2.7-acre (1.1-hectare) green space. It’s inside the ballpark gates but outside the outfield, providing a more relaxing experience and partial views of the game plus all the action on an enormous screen. You still need a game ticket, but you can bring in food if it’s wrapped. This is a great option for families!
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Scottsdale
- Things to do in Arizona
- Things to do in Nevada
- San Diego Convention Center
- Gaslamp Quarter
- Gaslamp Museum at the Davis-Horton House
- New Children's Museum
- Downtown San Diego
- Seaport Village
- San Diego Harbor
- USS Midway Museum
- B-Street Pier & Cruise Ship Terminal
- Little Italy San Diego
- San Diego Air & Space Museum
- Maritime Museum of San Diego
- San Diego Automotive Museum
- San Diego Sports Association