Now in its fourth generation, Paciotti Salumeria (salumeria is the Italian equivalent of a delicatessen) is one of Rome’s gourmet landmarks, drawing locals and tourists alike with its wide selection of artisan salami and prosciutto, select cheeses, homemade pasta, extra-virgin olive oils, balsamic vinegar, olives in brine, exclusive (and expensive) truffles, and countless other treats for the palate. An experienced sommelier is on hand to help choose Italian wine and spirits, and the shop offers gift hampers delivered across the world. The best way to savor Paciotti’s immersive gastronomic experience is to visit as part of a food tour that makes a stop here along with other gourmet highlights in Rome.
Things to know before you go
- Stock up here on food and wine souvenirs, but remember that not all foods are allowed to cross the border.
- If you are planning a picnic in Rome, there is no better place to buy sandwich supplies and gourmet snacks.
- The deli counter is often crowded with locals doing their daily shopping, so be sure to get a number and be ready to order when you are called.
- The shop accepts cash and credit cards.
How to get there
The shop is located at Via Marcantonio Bragadin, 51/53 just outside Vatican City and a short walk from the Cipro metro stop on line A that connects to Termini station and other locations across the city.
When to get there
The shop is open all day Monday through Saturday, but closed on Thursday mornings and Sundays. Try to visit in mid-morning and mid-afternoon, before the lunch and dinner shopping rush.
Delicacies Stocked at Paciotti Salumeria
Paciotti is particularly known for its selection of prosciutto, including Parma, San Daniele, Cinta Senese, Norcia, and Jamòn Iberico de Bellota Patanegra; charcuterie fans will also want to try regional specialties from across Italy like Tuscan Finocchiona, ‘Nduja from Calabria, Ciauscolo from Le Marche, and Ferrara’s rare Salama da Sugo. Cheese-lovers can choose from authentic Parmigiano Reggiano, Pecorino Romano, buffalo mozzarella, burrata, and Gorgonzola.
- Things to do in Lake Bracciano
- Things to do in Lake Bolsena
- Things to do in Assisi
- Things to do in Siena
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Capri
- Things to do in Pompeii
- Things to do in San Gimignano
- Things to do in Sorrento
- Things to do in Florence
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Lazio
- Things to do in Umbria
- Things to do in Tuscany
- Vatican Gardens (Giardini Vaticani)
- Vatican City (Citta del Vaticano)
- Vatican Grottoes (Grotte Vaticane)
- Vatican Museums (Musei Vaticani)
- St. Peter's Dome (Cupola di San Pietro)
- La Pietà
- Sistine Chapel (Cappella Sistina)
- St. Peter's Baldachin (Baldacchino di San Pietro)
- St. Peter's Basilica (Basilica di San Pietro)
- Raphael's Rooms (Stanze di Raffaello)
- Vatican Obelisk (Obelisco Vaticano)
- St. Peter's Square (Piazza San Pietro)
- Leonardo Da Vinci Experience Museum (Museo Leonardo Da Vinci Experience)
- Via Cola di Rienzo
- Sant'Angelo Bridge (Ponte Sant'Angelo)