Ciampino International Airport (CIA)
An airport transfer to or from downtown Rome is the best way to avoid the capital city’s daunting traffic. Opt for a private or shared service that includes pickup and drop-off at hotels in Rome or at the cruise port in nearby Civitavecchia upon arrival or departure.
You also can book a transfer service to destinations in Umbria, Tuscany, the Amalfi Coast, Naples, and Sorrento. If opting for a longer transfer, combine the service with a driving tour to visit attractions along the route. Popular transfers with stops include visits to San Gimignano and Siena for transfers between Ciampino and Florence, or a visit to Pompeii or Sorrento for transfers between Ciampino and the Amalfi Coast.
Things to Know Before You Go
One terminal building handles all departures and arrivals.
Car rental agencies are located at the airport entrance inside the P6 and P8 parking areas, and there is a complimentary shuttle service to and from the terminal to the rental car parking lots.
There are duty-free and other shops, restaurants, cafés, currency exchanges, and ATMs inside the airport.
How to Get There
Ciampino Airport is located about 7.5 miles (12 kilometers) from Rome’s city center and is not easy to reach by public transportation. There are no train lines to the airport, though you can take an airport bus from the city center. Opt for an airport transfer for convenient pickup and drop-off directly at your hotel and terminal.
- Things to do in Lake Bracciano
- Things to do in Lake Bolsena
- Things to do in Assisi
- Things to do in Siena
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Capri
- Things to do in Pompeii
- Things to do in San Gimignano
- Things to do in Sorrento
- Things to do in Florence
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Lazio
- Things to do in Umbria
- Things to do in Tuscany
- Appian Way and Aurelian Walls (Via Appia Antica e Mure Aureliane)
- Villa of the Quintilii (Villa dei Quintili)
- Piazzale Giuseppe Garibaldi
- Aqueduct Park (Parco degli Acquedotti)
- Castel Gandolfo
- Circus of Maxentius (Circo di Massenzio)
- Garbatella District (Quartiere Garbatella)
- Basilica of Saint Paul Outside the Walls (Basilica di San Paolo Fuori le Mura)
- Basilica of the Holy Cross in Jerusalem (Basilica di Santa Croce in Gerusalemme)
- Basilica of St. John Lateran (Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano)
- Holy Stairs (Scala Sancta) and Chapel of San Lorenzo
- Porta Maggiore
- Baths of Caracalla (Terme di Caracalla)
- Villa Celimontana