Case Romane del Celio
It's awe-inspiring to walk through the ruins of ancient Roman temples and amphitheaters, but to bring history to a human level you've got see where those ancient people lived. You can do that at the Case Romane del Celio.
Underneath the Basilica of Santi Givanni e Paolo, the Case Romane del Celio is a network of ancient Roman houses. There are homes from different periods – one from the 2nd century, another from the 3rd century – and for different levels of society. There are beautiful frescoed walls and a small museum displaying some of the artifacts unearthed during the excavation of the site.
What are Case Romane del Celio hours of operation?
Should I book Case Romane del Celio tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Case Romane del Celio 2021?
What's the best way to experience Case Romane del Celio?
- Private Tour: Secret Rome and Historical Churches
- Rome Underground Walking Tour
- A day as a citizen of ancient Rome - live virtual experience
- Underground Rome Private Tour:Roman Houses on the Celio and St. Clemente Scavi
Things to do near Rome
- Things to do in Lake Bracciano
- Things to do in Lake Bolsena
- Things to do in Assisi
- Things to do in Perugia
- Things to do in Siena
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Pompeii
- Things to do in San Gimignano
- Things to do in Sorrento
- Things to do in Florence
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Lazio
- Things to do in Umbria
- Things to do in Tuscany