Top Pompeii Outdoor Activities
41 results | All Pompeii Tours
* A traveler said: "Sergei was phenomenal! Knowledgeable passionate and caring! He brought the place to life and was clearly knowledgeable about the local archeology"
* A traveler said: "This was one of the sights high on our to do list and it didn’t disappoint. Our guide took us around the town showing us amazing buildings, road, statues, etc. The information she gave us was easy to understand and full of history. If you are spending any time in this part of the country you must visit Pompeii."
* A traveler said: "We had a fantastic guide that made the Pompeiji alive again. Based on all the knowledge he had and stories told we could really see how it has been before the ashes came and was amazed about how advanced the society was already back in those days. I would recommend all visitors to take the oportunity to book a guide with a small group."
* A traveler said: "Ricardo was a great tour guide for pompeii and very knowledgeable. Sofia was wonderful guiding us though the wine tasting and horseback riding through the vineyard. Would 100% recommend this tour for anyone visiting Napoli!"
* A traveler said: "Our guide, Maria, did a great job showing us the most important and interesting things about Pompeii. She was very engaging and entertaining and answered all of our questions. Joining the group and finding where the tour started was a bit confusing but once we found our guide we were good to go! Definitely bring a hat, water, and lightweight clothing if you go in summer. There is very little shade!"
* A traveler said: "Very nice guide, she knew a lot about pompeii and she showed us interesting places. We needed a tour at another time at the last minute and this was no problem."
* A traveler said: "Our guide was very knowledgable and pick-up is right next to the train station in Pompeii. Convenient and enjoyable."
* A traveler said: "This tour was amazing and educational. The guide Eliza was over the top informative and very accommodating to everyone and I'm a tough customer."
* A traveler said: "The shore excursion to Naples and Pompeii was wonderful especially because it was a small group and the guide was very personable and informative."
* A traveler said: "Josephine ( spelling ? ) was fantastic. She catered to our 8 and 4 year old and baby excellently. She was engaging and made it fun for the kids. Highly recommend."
* A traveler said: "I had a great lunch and wine tasting with Anthony! I would definitely recommend this tour whilst in Pompei. The winery is within walking distance of Pompeii center. The For d and wine is fantastic, the best I have Had in my 6 weeks in Italy, I have even had 6 bottles shipped back to the UK it was that good!"
* A traveler said: "Diego was fantastic! Very knowledgeable and enthusiastic. His passion for the subject made everything more enjoyable. I highly recommend this tour and you’re very lucky if you are assigned to Diego. Thank you so much!"
* A traveler said: "Sofia was very friendly and making us confortable. The horses were very well treated. The horse riding was fun and with an amazing view. I would totally recommend!"
* A traveler said: "Alex was a wonderful guide. Arrived early, we got started right away. He was knowledgeable and made the tour experience fun."
* A traveler said: "Paulo was a great driver-on time, friendly, drove well. He took us to Pompeii from Naples where we met Stefanii, our private guide in Pompeii. She is very knowledgeable about Pompeii. She told us she has a degree in art history and won a competition to be a guide in Campania. As a guide, she was able to go to the front of the long line and we got in right away. Stefani gave us many details about life in Pompeii and really was animated in her descriptions and brought Pompeii alive for us. Wish we could go on other tours with her. Paulo picked us up and took us to Mt. Vesuvius and told us about the park. He was able to drive us to the parking lot where you can walk up a half mile-very steep with switch-backs and a dirt, pebble wide path/road. My chacos were not the best choice of footwear -I advise closed shoes. It was very hot, and a struggle for those of us not in shape, but definitely worth it for the views from the crater. Paulo was waiting for us when we got down and took us to a great little restaurant for lunch. No buses, good food, great views. He then dropped us off back at our Airbnb. A great day. Highly recommend the tour and Paulo and Stefani."
* A traveler said: "I have to give a big shout out to our Pompeii tour guide, Alessandro. He was the best tour guide I have ever had, courteous, passionate about the history of Pompeii, and very knowledgable. I've been to Pompeii once before, but I learned so much more in this tour than I did then when I was in a group! After Pompeii we were shuttled to the winery where we got a quick tour of the grounds and then a complimentary lunch with the wine tasting. It was all PHENOMENAL! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!"
* A traveler said: "It was a perfect combination of a moderately challenging walk with our guide Giovanni’s knowledge of the local area and MC Escher’s works that served as inspiration for his later artistic endeavors. We loved it!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Things to do in Positano
- Things to do in Amalfi
- Things to do in Sorrento
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Salerno
- Things to do in Capri
- Things to do in Matera
- Things to do in Bari
- Things to do in Rome
- Things to do in Palermo
- Things to do in Taormina
- Things to do in Split
- Things to do in Amalfi Coast
- Things to do in Lazio
- Things to do in Puglia