Dubbed the Pearl of the South, Phuket is one of the world's most famous beach destinations.Thailand's largest and most visited island, the hot spot revolves around and thrives on tourism yet retains a spark of the real Thailand. Here are some of the best ways to spend three days in Phuket.
Nai Harn Beach (Naiharn Beach)
Nai Harn Beach, Nai Harn
Spend the day relaxing on the sand or rent a kayak to explore some of the caves and rocky formations just off the shore of Nai Harn. Several Phuket sightseeing tours cover the beach—alongside island highlights such as the Big Buddha, the botanical gardens, and Wat Chalong temple—while island-hopping excursions typically give you time to snorkel at the off-shore reefs of Nai Harn before stopping at Coral Island and Raya Island.
Things to know before you go
- You can hire sunbeds and parasols at the beach, but be sure to bring a hat and sunscreen if you plan to explore the length of the beach.
- Several beachfront restaurants offer traditional Thai dishes, while the high-end Nai Harn Resort has a rooftop terrace on which you can drink and dine.
- On the road backing the beach, you’ll find several stalls selling cold drinks and fresh fruit; bring cash as vendors don’t accept credit cards.
How to get there
From Patong, Nai Harn Beach is a 40-minute drive via Route 4030. No public transport services cover the beach so unless you hire a car it's best to visit as part of a tour, which lets you skip the hassle of navigation.
When to get there
Nai Harn Beach is a great place to go swimming during the peak season of November through March, when calm waters increase visibility during snorkeling and scuba diving excursions. Come May, the gentle seas are replaced by strong currents that require extreme caution.
Things to Do in South Phuket
Nai Harn Beach is one of several pristine beaches located on the southern tip of Phuket. Within a short drive of the beach, you’ll find Phuket Orchid Farm; the postcard-worthy Rawai Beach; and the panoramic lookout points of Windmill Point and Promthep Cape, some of the best places to watch the sunset.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the nearest attractions to Nai Harn Beach (Naiharn Beach)?
What else should I know about attractions in Phuket?
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Things to do in Ko Yao Yai
- Things to do in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Things to do in Khao Lak
- Things to do in Krabi
- Things to do in Ko Lanta
- Things to do in Surat Thani
- Things to do in Ko Lipe
- Things to do in Langkawi
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Penang
- Things to do in Pattaya
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Gulf of Thailand