The sheer vastness of the Grand Canyon, a deep gorge carved by the Colorado River, draws visitors from far and wide to this Arizona sight. Here’s what you need to know about touring the Grand Canyon—by air, vehicle, and foot—from nearby Phoenix.
2501 East Telawa Trail, Phoenix, Arizona, 85016
Originally built by Wrigley as a gift for his wife, the mansion was opened to the public when it was purchased and restored by Geordie Hormel in 1992. The mansion’s residential location means that it is required by the city to operate as a private club, offering affordable “memberships” for visitors who want to stop in for a meal, wine, or afternoon tea. Area residents can choose from a variety of long term membership options.xa0 Guided tours give visitors a chance to get to learn more about the mansion’s architecture and the history of the two instrumental families that created what the mansion is today. Plus, a guide shares entertaining tidbits—such as ghost stories—that you would miss if visiting the mansion on your own. The mansion is also included on some Phoenix city tours.
Small-Group or Private Deluxe Phoenix and Scottsdale Day Trip
$89.00 per adult
See the sites
Had a very pleasant day driver was knowledgeable and friendly. We were surprised by many of the sites especially the monument park. Would suggest this to everyone.
Jeanette_M, Mar 2020
Things to Know Before You Go
- Head to the mansion’s website to make reservations for a tour, dining, or an event—advanced reservations are recommended for all activities.
- Photography is welcome on tours.
- The history-heavy mansion tour is not recommended for young children.
- The mansion has a wheelchair-accessible side entrance, but the tour and some of the areas within the mansion are not accessible.
How to Get There
Wrigley Mansion is located next door to the Arizona Biltmore resort and spa. Take Highway 51 North to East Lincoln Drive, turn right onto North 24th Street and then left onto East Arizona Biltmore Circle. The mansion is off of East Telawa Trail. Park at the bottom of the hill and walk up to the mansion or use valet parking to skip the steep walk.
When to Get There
The mansion is open all year round, but check the online schedule for specific events, closures, and hours.
Dining at the Wrigley Mansion Gordie’s Restaurant offers a fine dining experience in a historic setting with everything from romantic indoor seating to a patio with a view. You can stop in for a meal (reservations recommended) or book a private dinner, holiday brunch, wine pairing, or afternoon tea. The combination of a top-notch chef, over 800 wines, and historic charm have garnered the restaurant numerous awards.
- Things to do in Arizona
- Things to do in Scottsdale
- Things to do in Sedona
- Things to do in Flagstaff
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in Monument Valley
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Albuquerque
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in New Mexico
- Things to do in Utah
- Camelback Mountain
- Phoenix Art Museum
- Heritage Square
- Arizona Science Center
- Scottsdale Fashion Square
- Chase Field
- Pueblo Grande Museum
- Old Town Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art (SMoCA)
- Desert Botanical Gardens
- Castles N' Coasters
- Phoenix Zoo
- Mill Avenue
- LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Arizona
- SEA LIFE® Aquarium Arizona