Top Philadelphia Cultural Tours
37 results | All Philadelphia Tours
* A traveler said: "Our guide did a fantastic job of sharing our nation’s history, along with Philadelphia’s rich history. As much as we theater buffs enjoy Hamilton, Miranda left Philly out. So, here is a shout out to the City of Brotherly Love."
* A traveler said: "Our guide was Melissa. So personable, fun and knowledgeable! Great overview of the city’s/country’s history. Do this your first day, then go back and see exhibits you were interested in. Approximately 1 1/2 hours. And she will take pictures of you/yours."
* A traveler said: "Great tour. Lots of historical sites visited and great history provided by tour guide. Highly recommended."
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide was amazing!! He made so many jokes and made the day very enjoyable. The driver was very safe. And I learned many facts while having an enjoyable time"
* A traveler said: "It was my girlfriends birthday and she had a blast. The Tour guy was very professional, very knowledgeable, and he had a great sense of humor."
* A traveler said: "Neal, our tour guide, was excellent!! Knowledgeable, well-spoken, excited about what he was telling us!"
* A traveler said: "Family owned success story taking on the bigger companies in the city. It was wonderful and personable. Very accommodating and super informative. Thank you, we will do it again for sure! TK"
* A traveler said: "We were able to see places we would not likely have seen exploring on our own and certainly not have known the details shared by our guide Billy. Highly recommend as a way to orient yourself to Philly."
* A traveler said: "Was in Philly for the weekend with some good friends. We decided to do this instead of doing each individual activity. The 90 min tour was great to see so much of Philly in a concise manner. We ate dinner before at Hard Rock Cafe. All in a all a good tour and we sat on top. Bring a sweater."
* A traveler said: "The stroll through the peaceful streets lined with mosaic-covered walls was a unique experience. Our guide Shelley provided a relaxed and informative tour. Highly recommended."
* A traveler said: "Highlight of our Philly visit. Barry's emphasis on safety made me feel more comfortable with riding a Segway. He was extremely knowledgeable about Philly and told interesting and engaging stories about the city. Highly recommended. Would definitely do this tour again the next time we are in Philly!"
* A traveler said: "We enjoyed seeing the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Betsy Ross’ home and many other historical sites."
* A traveler said: "Our local guide, Chuck, gave a terrific tour of the 9th Street Italin Market in Philly. He lives there so he knew alot about the places and explained well."
* A traveler said: "Accompanied visiting family to Philadelphia on the tour, and completely loved it. I learned a lot about the city I live in, and the many untold stories of our women's history. We had a toddler on the tour with us, and Joey was patient with our group and her needs. Loved the experience!"
* A traveler said: "Loved this trip. Had no problems with the pick up or train travel to Lancaster. The whole day was organised well."
* A traveler said: "I chose this activity because it looked different than the typical Philadelphia history / museum / landmark tours. I also chose this because I read the 1st line in the description and knew my husband would be interested. This excursion did not disappoint in the least. We were delighted! We found out real facts in the 1st 5 minutes. We laughed. We remembered some things and learned additional details. My husband and I regularly take different bus tours in NYC. Until the day we took this musical tour, we always had in our minds what the best bus tour was. Others were good but nothing surpassed our favorite - UNTIL THIS! Book this tour immediately. Tell your friends. Tell your enemies, #lol!"
* A traveler said: "Rebecca is definitely one of my favourite tour guides ever. I love that her and her business partner have created a tour that is outside the box. By that I mean that yes you get the general history of Philly and William Penn BUT...she takes it to another level and focuses on people who have made a significant contribution but are often overlooked - women, people of colour, Native Americans and even I will admit that I knew very little about the contribution that LGBTQ people have made. On the day in question it was just Rebecca and myself but she gave 100% and I came away feeling like I had really learnt something but more importantly as a woman of colour I felt that our struggles, challenges and our strengths were really recognised and I'm grateful that she is one of the few who has taken the time to acknowledge that. I do tours like this in lots of places and even in the south, tours are very "men heavy". Outside of that, Rebecca was chill and we found we had a lot in common about how much we love to travel - as the only person on the tour we found we ended up talking about our personal lives as well as covering things that we are supposed to on the tour which made for a better experience. Due to my limited time in Philly, I missed out on the Badass women tour but I'm planning a trip back to Philly and I will definitely be booking that tour. I like to support the small business and I hope that tours like these continues to grow - book this tour!!!!!!! Thanks Rebecca"
* A traveler said: "We had a great tour with Lois! She was very knowledgeable, patient, and accommodating. We would definitely recommend it. We learned so many things that we never knew before. She even recommended books and other ways for us to learn more about what she told us. All of us loved the tour."
* A traveler said: "Wonderful tour and would recommend for anyone interested in the actual history of the Philadelphia and the US. Mijuel did a wonderful job to providing the African American perspective to the creation of this country."
* A traveler said: "Our driver Adam was fantastic. Couldn't have asked for a better time. Saw a lot in those six hours. And he dropped us at the market and showed us around"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Independence Seaport Museum
- Franklin Court
- Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
- Library Hall (American Philosophical Society Museum)
- Mütter Museum
- Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Reading Terminal Market
- Philadelphia Academy of Music
- National Museum of American Jewish History (NMAJH)
- African American Museum in Philadelphia
- Betsy Ross House
- Congress Hall in Philadelphia
- Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul
- Powel House
- The Franklin Institute Science Museum
- Liberty Bell Center
- St. Peter’s Episcopal Church
- Schuylkill River Trail
- Independence Visitor Center
- Washington Square Park
- Things to do in Pennsylvania
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in Washington DC
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Salem
- Things to do in Niagara Falls
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Montreal
- Things to do in New York
- Things to do in Massachusetts