Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
The models displayed here date from 1909 to 1982, and include some of the most historically significant race cars ever made. While you can tour the collection independently, a self-guided audio tour is a great way to enhance your visit. Complimentary devices and ear buds are available for use on a first-come basis—you can pick one up at the Information Desk.
Admission to the museum is included in many Philadelphia sightseeing passes, offering a great way to visit multiple attractions while saving on admission fees.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum is ideal for spontaneous auto lovers: there’s no need to book in advance.
- The museum is wheelchair accessible; service and support animals are welcome.
- Complimentary coat check is available for all Simeone Museum guests.
- Free Wi-Fi is available in the museum.
- There is an activity area for children.
How to Get There
The Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum is located in South Philadelphia, less than five minutes off Route I-95, and a 10-minute drive from the Philadelphia International Airport. Museum parking is free. From 30th Street Station, you can take the number 36 trolley to Elmwood Avenue and 70th Street, from where it’s a 20-minute walk to the museum.
When to Get There
The museum is open Tuesdays through Sundays, morning until early evening (late afternoon on weekends). Last admission is 1.5 hours before closing. Try to time your visit to one of the twice-monthly Demo Days, during which cars from the collection are introduced and taken for a spin by professional drivers.
Dining Options Aside from vending machines offering snacks and sodas, the museum has no on-site eatery. Before or after visiting, you can grab a meal at Passyunk Square, a 10-minute drive away, where dining options include gastropubs, sports bars, old school pizzerias, and Vietnamese pho spots, as well as the city’s famed dueling Philly cheesesteak purveyors, Pat’s King of Steaks and Geno’s Steaks.
- Things to do in Pennsylvania
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in Washington DC
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Salem
- Things to do in Niagara Falls
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Montreal
- Things to do in New York
- Things to do in Massachusetts
- Penn Museum
- Institute of Contemporary Art at the University of Pennsylvania
- University of Pennsylvania
- Drexel University
- Schuylkill River Trail
- 30th Street Station
- Mütter Museum
- South Street
- Rittenhouse Square
- Penn's Landing
- Philadelphia Italian Market
- Philadelphia Academy of Music
- Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens
- One Liberty Observation Deck
- Historic Antique Row in Philadelphia