The Rocky Statue—and behind it, the Rocky Steps—are a symbol of Philadelphia that attracts more than just film or fighting enthusiasts. You’ll usually see a line of people waiting to take a photo with the statue, and many run to the top of the steps to reenact Rocky’s pose.
Most city sightseeing tours include the statue—swing by on a walking excursion, hop-on hop-off bus tour, or trolley ride. If you’re a true Rocky fan, opt for a tour that visits various Rocky filming locations.
Things to Know Before You Go
Wear your running shoes, so you can make the classic jog up the Rocky Steps.
Don’t forget your camera.
The area around the statue is accessible to wheelchairs and strollers. There’s also an elevator to the Philadelphia Museum of Art, so you can catch the views from the top of the stairs without climbing the 72 steps.
The statue is free to visit, and vendors sell souvenirs nearby.
How to Get There
Located on Benjamin Franklin Parkway, the Rocky Statue is easy to get to by car or public transit, or as part of a tour that includes round-trip transportation. Bus lines 7, 32, 38, 43, and 48 stop near the statue. If you’re traveling by subway, take the Broad Street Line.
When to Get There
You can visit the statue anytime, but for fewer crowds, go on a weekday morning.
Museum Without Walls Audio Tour of Philadelphia
Learn more about the Rocky Statue on a self-guided audio tour of Philadelphia’s top outdoor public art. The interactive program is free and accessible on your cell phone, so just listen along as you explore the city.
- Things to do in Pennsylvania
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in Washington DC
- Things to do in Williamsburg
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Salem
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Montreal
- Things to do in New York
- Things to do in Virginia
- Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Rodin Museum
- Eastern State Penitentiary
- Barnes Foundation
- The Franklin Institute Science Museum
- Benjamin Franklin National Memorial
- 30th Street Station
- Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul
- Mütter Museum
- Philadelphia Logan Circle
- Penn's Landing
- Drexel University
- Schuylkill River Trail
- University of Pennsylvania
- One Liberty Observation Deck