Top Oaxaca Private and Luxury
51 results | All Oaxaca Tours
* A traveler said: "Super awesome tour. We loved that we were able to avoid the crowds. Everything was perfect from pickup at the hotel to being able to chat about the local preservation of turtles and the farmland we passed on the ride over."
* A traveler said: "We were guided by Filomeno to Mitla, the Sunday market at Tlocoluca, and an on-site weaving demonstration at a family business making carpets. Our tour was taken over at Mitla by a gentleman acquainted with Filomeno named Eduardo (I think?.....eek!), whose enthusiasm for and willingness to educate about the pre-Spanish cultures of the Oaxaca Valley were fascinating and exciting. We loved every moment of our stay at Mitla and had it not been so hot (and I so sunburned), we'd have happily stayed several more hours. Filomeno took us to the Sunday market, which was both different from and similar to others I've been to in Mexico (most notably outside of Guadalajara at Tonala). Filomeno helped me identify hand-sewn, locally made items so that I could make educated purchases and graciously answered our countless questions. At the carpet weaving business, we learned a lot more about human and organic chemistry than I expected, and was delighted with the lovely carpet I expect any day now that I'm home. Filomeno's RAV4 was comfortable and the trip was perfect. It was a very memorable day and I can't recommend Oaxaca Conmigo strongly enough. An utter delight and one I will repeat next time I visit!"
* A traveler said: "This was a very busy trip with six stops at Tule, Teotitlan, Hierve, buffet, Mitla, and mezcal tasting, in that order. We had about the right amount of time for each activity but I wish we could have done both the walk and the swim at Hierve. You must choose one or the other. However, I don't know if they could fit more in because it was a long day as it was. Our guide, Angel, was great. He gave a lot of information and tried to keep us organized and on time. However, members of the group were late to meet up on a couple of stops which seems to always happen on tours. Although we had to pay for tickets and buffet, this tour was a great value considering the transportation, guide, and all of the activities. I would highly recommend."
* A traveler said: "Guide was the best. He was very informative brought umbrellas even bought us pinapple from a stand. Nice tour."
* A traveler said: "My guide was so knowledgeable about the history and culture. The drive up in to the mountains was breathtaking. I learned about coffee plantations or Fincas and had the chance to meet the owner. Highly recommend this tour."
* A traveler said: "Alberto was the best tour guide you could ask for. He is very intelligent and a great ambassador for his home. He was patient, answered all questions and was very accommodating to his clients. He is licensed and very professional yet personable. We had a great day!"
* A traveler said: "Our driver Miguel was fantastic! Excellent driver, saw what we wanted to see and connected us with nice people at the sites we visited. We booked a private tour for three - money well spent. Comfortable, air-conditioned, new van. Highly recommended."
* A traveler said: "A must do! Alberto our guide is certified and biologist by background. He is very proud to explain the biodiversity of Huatulco and how this world class gourmet coffee comes to be. And he is supporting the local people by bringing you to Doña Alfonsina who plants, grows, picks, and roasts this coffee. Unlike any other experience. The Sierra Madre setting is unbelievable and the coffee out of this world. So happy to have met these people and see a glimpse into their artesanal work and passions. The breakfast option after the coffee plantation tour was also stellar! Muchas gracias!!!!"
* A traveler said: "This my second visit to Huatulco and first tour. The whole package with little shopping and Mezcal tasting plus the city tour was the the best! The best part is Carla who speak good English and so knowledgeable. Also very kind and amazing tour guide."
* A traveler said: "Abi was incredible. Our experience was so unique. We asked questions he had beautiful answers. The turtles was such a magical experience. Learning directly from the people that had the turtle sanctuary was wonderful. Abi took the most amazing care of us."
* A traveler said: "The tour guide had first rate customer service skills, encyclopedic knowledge and went way beyond the normal call of duty for us. We give her a six star rating!"
* A traveler said: "Great tour. Good communication with tour company before tour date. Easy to find guide at the beginning of the tour. Very informative."
* A traveler said: "A wonderful experience filled with heart-warming hosts, tropical surroundings, and majestic crocs, iguanas and birds of paradise. I look forward to an extended visit."
* A traveler said: "Excellent time on the river with our guide Freddie (Kruger), who pointed out various plants and birds as we floated. Stopped for swimming and after returning my float mates to their hotel, was asked if I minded returning to raft site where we would wait for the return of two other raft excursions. Was the best! Freddie showed me how to catch shrimp! And they were huge! Hope he enjoyed his lunch!"
* A traveler said: "What a truly remarkable experience. Our driver Ramiro Alderete was very friendly, courteous, and informative to and from the turtle farm. At the turtle farm the staff was also very friendly, courteous and our guide Flora was very informative and patient with us handling the release of baby Gulfina turtles back to sea. My wife and I were very lucky to have released over 40 baby Gulfina turtles."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Tamayo Museum (Museo Tamayo)
- Zipolite Beach (Playa Zipolite)
- San Antonio Arrazola
- 20th November Market (Mercado 20 de Noviembre)
- Playa La Entrega (La Entrega Bay)
- Cuilapam Convent (Convento de Cuilápam)
- Santo Domingo de Guzman Church (Templo de Santo Domingo de Guzmán)
- Tlacolula Market (Mercado Tlacolula)
- Copalita Ecological Park and Ruins (Parque Eco Arqueológico Copalita)
- Oaxaca Culture Museum (Museo de las Culturas de Oaxaca)
- Finca La Gloria
- La Crucecita
- Abastos Market (Central de Abastos)
- San Agustin Bay (Bahía San Agustín)
- Huatulco National Park (Parque Nacional Huatulco)
- Copalita River (Río Copalita)
- Órgano Bay (Bahía Órgano)
- Things to do in Puerto Escondido
- Things to do in Central Mexico
- Things to do in Guerrero
- Things to do in Western Highlands
- Things to do in Acapulco
- Things to do in Taxco
- Things to do in Mexico City
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- Things to do in Jalisco
- Things to do in The Cayes
- Things to do in Riviera Maya & the Yucatan
- Things to do in Guanacaste and Northwest
- Things to do in Central Pacific