Benito Juarez Market (Mercado Benito Juarez) Tours and Activities
Benito Juarez Market, or Mercado Benito Juarez, takes up two blocks in central Oaxaca, Mexico, and is located a short walk from Zocalo, Oaxaca’s main plaza. The market offers a variety of food and handicrafts.
You’ll encounter many different types of food when walking through Benito Juarez Market. Dine on the Oaxaca delicacy, Chapulines while you’re at the market…a fancy way of saying you’ll be eating grasshoppers. There is also fresh seafood and hanging cuts of meat you can purchase to prepare back at your accommodations if you have a kitchen or grill. Get some fresh tortillas from the market as well and turn your dinner into tacos.
In addition to heaping baskets of grasshoppers and produce, you can also find artisan products ranging from weaved purses to clothing to ceramics. You may find similar products at each stall, so don’t be afraid to browse first and then barter.
Tours and Activities to Experience Benito Juarez Market (Mercado Benito Juarez)
Frequently Asked Questions
- OAXACA STREET FOOD TOUR, eat like a local.
- Authentic Oaxaca Street Food Tour by locals
- City Tour Santo Domingo/Alcalá/Exconvento de Santa Catalina /mercados/chocolate
- Become local for a day
- Things to do in Puerto Escondido
- Things to do in Central Mexico
- Things to do in Guerrero
- Things to do in Western Highlands
- Things to do in Acapulco
- Things to do in Taxco
- Things to do in Mexico City
- Things to do in Quetzaltenango
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- Things to do in Pacific Highlands
- Things to do in Petén
- Things to do in Jalisco
- Things to do in The Cayes
- Things to do in Riviera Maya & the Yucatan