Indulge in a wine tasting and choose from a variety of tours at this family-owned winery in Rutherford. Located along the Silverado Trail, ZD Wines specializes in chardonnay, pinot noir, and cabernet sauvignon and is a certified organic winery.
Founded in 1969, ZD Wines was created by two aerospace engineers with a great passion for wine. Three generations later, the deLeuze family is still producing quality wines operating solely on solar power, as well as implementing waste reduction and water recycling systems into their business practice.
You can schedule a tour or tasting—though walk-ins are welcome—to learn more about the history of the winery. For those interested in the winery’s eco-friendly operations consider the Vineyard View Tasting which highlights the winery’s organic farming practices while sipping on its latest vintage.
Things to know before you go
- You must be 21 years or older to participate in a tasting.
- Tours and special tastings are by appointment.
- Walk-ins are welcome.
- ZD Wines is open daily.
- Reservations are required for groups of six or more.
How to get there
Driving by car is the easiest way to access the winery located just off of CA-24 north before connecting with Silverado Trail. If everyone in your group is enjoying a tasting, consider booking a tour that offers group transportation.
When to get there
California wine country is great to visit year round, but for the best weather plan your trip for spring, late summer, or early fall. The winery is open daily from 10am to 4pm.
Other Things to Do
The Silverado Trail is packed with other tasting rooms along its scenic route. If you enjoy bubbles consider popping over to ZD’s neighbor Mumm Napa for some sparkling wine. Another nearby place of interest is Yountville, a small town packed with restaurants (including The French Laundry and Bouchon Bistro), galleries, museums, and tasting rooms.
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in San Francisco
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon