Oxbow Public Market Tours and Activities
Read MoreShow Less
Oxbow Public Market—with dozens of restaurants, food stalls, and shops—brings the bounty of Napa’s famed wine, food, and organic produce under a single roof. Open all day, it’s a one-stop shop for great food, to quickly experience the best of Napa Valley, or relax for a moment at this local gathering place before exploring the region.
Oxbow Public Market, situated on a curve in the Napa River, is a good starting point for exploring the natural beauty of Napa and a great way to taste the flavors of the region in a compact and concise way. Get an insider’s view of wine country’s culinary scene. Tours typically include many opportunities to taste Oxbow’s many artisan goods and learn about everything from Fatted Calf's handcrafted salumi to Kara's Cupcakes to Three Twins Ice Cream, among many others.
You can tour the market on foot, independently or as part of a group, or visit as a stop on a Napa Valley wine trolley tour.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Ideal for those short on time to visit Northern California's wine country, Oxbow Public Market yields a bevy of tastes and experiences (Hog Island Oyster Bar is a must), and plenty of opportunities to purchase locally produced, packable, unique gifts.
- Comfortable walking shoes, a good hat, sunscreen, and refillable water bottle are advisable at any time of year and a must when sitting at Oxbow Market's scenic outdoor deck.
- From seated restaurants to walk-up counters, oysters and wine to cupcakes, there’s something here for everyone to eat and drink.
How to Get There
Situated east of downtown Napa on First Street past McKinstry Street, Oxbow Market is highly visible and easily accessible by foot from town. Walk over First Street Bridge, pass two blocks, and the market is on your left. If driving a car, there’s ample parking in an off-street, no-fee parking lot.
When to Get There
Oxbow comes alive in late spring when local produce is at its peak. Mornings are usually quieter with fewer crowds than later in the day. Tuesday is Locals' Night with happy-hour specials from 5 to 8pm. In September, Oxbow hosts its annual Fork It Over benefit, a fundraiser for the Community Action of Napa Valley (CANV) Food Bank. It includes a reception, garden tour, and 4-course dinner at the Culinary Institute of America.
Hog Island Oyster Bar
Stop by Hog Island Oyster Bar for small plates, a glass of wine, or the Hog Island sweets that give the company its name. For Locals’ Night on Tuesdays, chef’s choice half-price oysters from nearby Marin County, and beer and wine specials make a stop here a must.
Address: 610 & 644 1st Street, Napa, California 94559, USA
1 Tours and Activities to Experience Oxbow Public Market
Make your day in wine country memorable on a fun tour aboard the Napa Valley Wine Trolley. The open-air cable car is a replica of the historic trolleys seen in San Francisco and offers gorgeous views of the vineyards as you travel to three wineries to sample the local blends. An expert guide will accompany you along the way, providing entertaining and factual commentary about Napa’s rich history. Midday, stop for a picnic lunch catered by French-country bistro The Girl & the Fig, a local favorite. Savor a gourmet spread of sandwiches, side salads, and desserts, served family style so you can pick and choose among the tasty offerings.
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What's the best way to experience Oxbow Public Market?
The best ways to experience Oxbow Public Market are:See all Oxbow Public Market experiences on Viator.
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Santa Rosa
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in San Francisco
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon