Leonardo da Vinci National Museum of Science and Technology
In the museum, you can admire models of da Vinci’s inventions (including cars and a flying machine constructed according to his drawings), conduct your own experiments in 13 interactive workshops, and see the inventor’s original sketches. Holders of the Milano Card and the Milan Pass receive free or discounted entry to the museum and other city attractions such as the Duomo and La Triennale Museum.
Things to Know Before You Go
The Leonardo da Vinci National Museum of Science and Technology is a must-see for science lovers of all ages and features exhibits tailored specifically to families with kids.
Most but not all of the exhibits are accessible to wheelchairs and strollers.
Audio guides and an app with audio and video content are available.
An on-site shop sells books and museum souvenirs.
How to Get There
The Leonardo da Vinci National Museum of Science and Technology is located at Via San Vittore 21, just outside Milan’s historic city center. To get there by public transit, take the M2 metro line to San Ambrogio, bus 58 to Via San Vittore/Via Aristide de Togni, or bus 94 to Carducci.
When to Get There
The museum is a popular Milan attraction and hosts many events and exhibitions throughout the year. Most visitors spend two to three hours exploring, and it’s best to arrive early in the day before crowds arrive. The museum lies within walking distance of Castello Sforzesco and the Duomo, so you can plan to visit all three attractions on the same day.
Curious Objects on Display
The Leonardo da Vinci National Museum of Science and Technology has a number of interesting scientific objects on display. Highlights include a S-506 Enrico Toti submarine that you can enter, a Foucault pendulum designed in the 19th century to demonstrate the rotation of the Earth, and a piece of moon rock donated to the Italian government by President Nixon from the last Apollo mission.
- Things to do in Lombardy
- Things to do in Ferno
- Things to do in Lake Como
- Things to do in Parma
- Things to do in Genoa
- Things to do in Langhe-Roero and Monferrato
- Things to do in Turin
- Things to do in Verona
- Things to do in Davos
- Things to do in Lucerne
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in Zurich
- Things to do in Piedmont & Liguria
- Things to do in Swiss Alps
- Leonardo’s Vineyard (Vigna di Leonardo)
- Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie (Chiesa di Santa Maria delle Grazie)
- Bramante Sacristy (Sacrestia del Bramante)
- Da Vinci's Last Supper (Il Cenacolo)
- Basilica of Sant'Ambrogio (Basilica di Sant'Ambrogio)
- Church of San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore (Chiesa di San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore)
- Columns of San Lorenzo (Colonne di San Lorenzo)
- Sforza Castle (Castello Sforzesco)
- La Triennale Museum (La Triennale di Milano)
- San Sepolcro Church (Chiesa di San Sepolcro)
- Branca Tower (Torre Branca)
- Ambrosiana Museum and Library (Veneranda Biblioteca Ambrosiana)
- Codex Atlanticus
- Sempione Park (Parco Sempione)
- Vicolo dei Lavandai