Once one of the Yucatan’s most prominent estates, the remarkably preserved Hacienda Yaxcopoil offers a unique insight into the region’s rich colonial history. Originally built in the 17th century and spread over a vast 22,000-acre agave plantation, the ancient estate is now preserved as a museum, showcasing the three periods of the Yucatan – the pre-Colombian era, the Spanish colonial era and the 19th- and 20th-century agricultural boom.
Highlights include an impressive collection of antique European furniture, a Maya room containing ancient artifacts excavated on the ranch, and original oil paintings of 19th-century owner Don Donaciano Garcia Rejon and his wife Doña Monica Galera. Most fascinating are the machine house, engine room and workshops, where it’s possible to view the agave shredding machines, water tanks and motor pumps still used to run the plantations.
Tours and tickets to Experience Hacienda Yaxcopoil
What are Hacienda Yaxcopoil hours of operation?
Should I book Hacienda Yaxcopoil tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Hacienda Yaxcopoil 2021?
What's the best way to experience Hacienda Yaxcopoil?
- Yaxcopoil Hacienda & Uxmal Plus Cenote from Merida
- Discover Haciendas y Cenotes in Yucatan
- Uxmal, Haciendas and Cenotes
- Private Tour to Uxmal, Cenote & Hacienda Yaxcopoil by Yucatan Concierge
Things to do near Merida
- Things to do in Riviera Maya & the Yucatan
- Things to do in Tulum
- Things to do in Isla Holbox
- Things to do in Playa del Carmen
- Things to do in Cozumel
- Things to do in Cancun
- Things to do in Ambergris Caye
- Things to do in Belize City
- Things to do in San Ignacio
- Things to do in Hopkins
- Things to do in Placencia
- Things to do in San Pedro Sula
- Things to do in Quetzaltenango
- Things to do in The Cayes
- Things to do in Petén