Hollywood Bowl Tours and Activities
Read MoreShow Less
Tucked into the Hollywood Hills area of Los Angeles, with the Hollywood sign in the background, the Hollywood Bowl amphitheater has been a favorite venue for outdoor live music since it opened in 1922. It’s home to the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra, and it hosts the Los Angeles Philharmonic during the summer months.
The Bowl's main performance season runs from June to October, featuring acts from a variety of musical genres. An enormous movie screen allows for popular events like movie-musical sing-alongs (The Sound of Music is a perennial favorite). If you’re not interested in seeing a concert, some Los Angeles sightseeing tours include a stop at the famous amphitheater.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Children ages 2 years and up must have their own ticket; you may be asked to check your stroller or baby carrier at the operations office.
- You may purchase food and beverages at the Bowl or bring your own, including wine and beer for some events (alcohol is not allowed to be brought in during other events but can be purchased).
- Selfie sticks and audio/video recording devices are prohibited.
- There are several wheelchair-accessible seating locations with space for a limited number of companions.
How to Get There
The Hollywood Bowl is located just off Highway 101 in the Hollywood Hills. On performance nights, the main roads outside the venue (Cahuenga Boulevard and Highland Avenue) are typically bottlenecked with traffic. Parking at the Bowl is limited, so many guests either take a ride-share vehicle or leave their cars at the nearby park-and-ride lots or shuttle bus locations (for a fee; available to purchase online).
When to Get There
Depending on the event, the gates open 90 minutes to 2.5 hours before start time. Particularly popular is the Fourth of July event, when a fireworks display tops off the concert.
The Hollywood Bowl Museum
First opened in 1984 and rebuilt in 1996 as the Edmund D. Edelman Hollywood Bowl Museum, this multilevel site features artifacts and media about the Bowl’s century-long history. Admission is free. Group tours and self-guided tours are also available from the museum.
Address: 2301 North Highland Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90068, USA
3 Tours and Activities to Experience Hollywood Bowl
See Hollywood’s iconic sights and stunning celebrity homes on a 2-hour, small-group sightseeing tour with live narration from a local guide. Take in stunning city panoramas from the Hollywood Hills, capture an iconic shot of the Hollywood sign, then get an insider’s view of celebrity culture as you cruise star-studded neighborhoods. Watch for your favorite stars while exploring the glamorous enclaves of Beverly Hills, West Hollywood and Hollywood, where palm-lined streets lead to some of America’s most fabulous mansions.
Taking safety measures
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
See another side of Hollywood on this 1.6-mile urban hike from the Hollywood Bowl to the "Secret Stairs." We'll pass by unique homes and their famous owners in an area only accessible by the stairs or private elevator. Then, descending back into the Bowl, we'll stop for pictures before climbing to the top of the 17,500-seat amphitheater. We'll take in glorious views of the Hollywood sign and the surrounding Hollywood Hills to cap off this truly memorable experience.
German-speaking travelers can explore the best of Los Angeles on this incredible tour that includes stops in Hollywood and Beverly Hills. Follow your fluent guide through some of the city's top attractions, like Rodeo Drive, the Walk of Fame and even the Sunset Strip. You'll learn about the history, culture and highlights of Tinsel Town on this memorable tour that provides a great overview for first-time travelers. With a small group limit of just seven travelers, you're guaranteed personalized attention, too!
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What's the best way to experience Hollywood Bowl?
The best ways to experience Hollywood Bowl are:
- Hollywood Celebrity Homes Tour
- Hike to the Hollywood Bowl
- Best of Los Angeles Day Tour with German-Speaking Guide
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona