Comedy Store Tours and Activities
Since the early 1970s, the Comedy Store has been famous for launching the careers of some of the biggest stars in stand-up comedy. Mitzi Shore (mother of comedian Pauly) bought the club from her ex-husband Sammy in 1973, turning it into a multi-room venue that includes a 450-seat Main Room for headliners, and the Belly Room, a small upstairs space that was once dedicated to emerging female comics – like Whoopi Goldberg.
Paid regulars at the club include (quite possibly) lesser-known acts like Korean-American comic Bobby Lee, the twin Sklar Brothers, and TV-game-show host Joe Rogan, as well as stars like Sarah Silverman, Louis C.K., Marc Maron, Russell Brand, Craig Ferguson, Chelsea Handler and Jay Leno.
Show ticket prices tend to be about $10. Admission is free before 7pm, but there is a two-drink minimum for all events and performance; per the club’s liquor license, only people 21 and over can attend shows here. Street parking near and on Sunset Boulevard is extremely limited, but valet parking is available at the club.
Tours and Activities to Experience Comedy Store
Frequently Asked Questions
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona