Bagni Vecchi Spa (Terme Bagni Vecchi)
This unique thermal bath complex adjacent Hotel Bagni Vecchi has six areas, each dating from a different period in history. You can relax in the Roman baths or in the 19th-century Baths of the Archduchess, which were built for the Austro-Hungarian aristocracy; sweat away your cares in the prehistoric Grotto of San Martino or a medieval-inspired sauna; or simply unwind in the modern Imperial Baths or the outdoor infinity pool, which overlooks the Bormio Valley. All of the spa’s baths and grottoes are fed by the mineral-rich waters of the Stelvio National Park’s underground hot springs.
Full- or half-day entry to Bagni Vecchi Spa must be booked in advance and includes the use of the pools, grottoes, and other facilities; spa treatments and massages can be booked for an extra fee.
Things to Know Before You Go
Bring your own swimsuit; bathrobes, towels, and slippers are included with your entry fee.
Use of changing rooms, storage lockers, and restrooms are all included.
Children 14 and older can use the spa facilities.
The spa is not accessible for wheelchair users.
There is a restaurant inside the spa complex that serves a prix fixe lunch.
How to Get There
This spa is part of the Hotel Bagni Vecchi, which is set in the Stelvio National Park, on the mountain slopes above Bormio, and can only be reached by car. Take highway SS38 from Bormio up through the dramatic alpine slopes.
When to Get There
The spa is open daily, year-round, but is most crowded on weekends in both summer and winter, as this area this popular for both hiking and skiing. Book on a weekday for a more relaxing soak.
The Stelvio National Park (Parco Nazionale dello Stelvio)
The largest national park in the Alps, Stelvio straddles the border between Italy and Switzerland, where it is known as the Swiss National Park. Popular for its vast network of hiking trails, the park’s main peaks are Mount Cevedale and Mount Ortles. Stelvio is also home to massive glaciers, pristine forests, and numerous species of wildlife.
- Things to do in Milan
- Things to do in Lake Como
- Things to do in Ferno
- Things to do in Piedmont & Liguria
- Things to do in Swiss Alps
- Things to do in Veneto
- Things to do in Parma
- Things to do in Verona
- Things to do in Genoa
- Things to do in Modena
- Things to do in Emilia-Romagna
- Things to do in Central Switzerland
- Things to do in Lake Geneva
- Things to do in Tuscany
- Things to do in Rhône-Alpes
- Bernina Express
- Fort Montecchio Nord (Forte Montecchio Nord)
- Accademia Carrara
- Villa Melzi Gardens (Giardini di Villa Melzi)
- Franciacorta Outlet Village
- Villa del Balbianello
- Mille Miglia Museum (Museo Mille Miglia)
- Scaliger Castle (Castello Scaligero)
- Como-Brunate Funicular Railway (Funicolare Como–Brunate)
- Autodromo Nazionale Monza
- Milan Via Manzoni (Via Alessandro Manzoni)
- Panza Collection at Villa Panza (Villa e Collezione Panza)