Iglesia de Santo Domingo Tours and Activities
A beautiful neoclassical church, the Iglesia de Santo Domingo (St. Dominic's Church) rose to fame because the Virgen del Rosario was dedicated here and crowned as the queen of Guatemala in 1933.
The church took nearly two decades to construct, finishing in 1808. However, a little more than a century later, the building was damaged by the 1917 quake, and again in 1942. Fortunately, restoration allowed it to be brought back to its original form.
It is located at 12 Avenida 10-09 Zone 1 and for some the Church of Santo Domingo is famous for its beautiful neoclassical architecture.
Tours and Activities to Experience Iglesia de Santo Domingo
Frequently Asked Questions
- Antigua Guatemala & Guatemala City Tour
- Guatemala City Afternoon Sightseeing Tour
- Holy week Day tour in Guatemala City
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- Things to do in Antigua
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in Puerto Quetzal
- Things to do in Quetzaltenango
- Things to do in San Salvador
- Things to do in San Luis Talpa
- Things to do in Flores
- Things to do in San Pedro Sula
- Things to do in San Ignacio
- Things to do in Belize City
- Things to do in Ambergris Caye
- Things to do in Pacific Highlands
- Things to do in Western Highlands