Port of Savona
Most passengers departing from the Port of Savona—a key embarkation point for Costa Cruises—spend a day or two in the area beforehand. Explore nearby villages or head for Genoa, just an hour's drive east of the port; there, hop-on hop-off buses and guided tours are great ways to get to know the city. This stretch of Italy is also known for its beaches, seafood, and medieval architecture, as well as its proximity to the French border—Nice is just a 2-hour drive along the coast.
Things to Know Before You Go
There is a small, wheelchair-accessible bridge that connects the port to the city center.
Travelers with a lot of luggage should consider taking a taxi from the port to the city center and vice versa.
The port terminal building features an internet café, interactive areas with TVs, and a bar and restaurant with panoramic views of the harbor.
How to Get to Savona From the Port of Savona
The Port of Savona is easily accessible from the city center and from other cities in northern Italy. Visitors can take regional trains from Milan, Turin, Venice, Rome, and Genoa, generally with a connection in Genoa Principe train station. It’s about a 15-minute walk or a short taxi ride from the port to the historic city center.
The official language in Italy is Italian, although people are likely to speak English in popular tourist destinations. The official currency in the euro.
- Things to do in Piedmont & Liguria
- Things to do in Langhe-Roero and Monferrato
- Things to do in Milan
- Things to do in Parma
- Things to do in Turin
- Things to do in Ferno
- Things to do in Monte-Carlo
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in Livorno
- Things to do in Nice
- Things to do in Modena
- Things to do in Cannes
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Lombardy
- Things to do in French Riviera
- Lighthouse of Genoa (La Lanterna)
- Genoa Cruise Port
- La Biosfera
- Dialogue in the Dark Exhibition (Dialogo nel Buio)
- Aquarium of Genoa
- Basilica of Santa Maria di Castello (Basilica di Santa Maria di Castello)
- Royal Palace Museum (Museo di Palazzo Reale)
- Piazza Caricamento
- Via San Lorenzo
- Genoa Cathedral (Cattedrale di San Lorenzo)
- Basilica della Santissima Annunziata del Vastato
- Doge's Palace (Palazzo Ducale)
- Palazzo Bianco
- Palazzo Rosso