Ixpanpajul Natural Park (Parque Natural Ixpanpajul) Tours and Activities
So, you want to explore Guatemala’s subtropical rainforest, but without getting too wild? Ixpanpajul Nature Park (Parque Natural Ixpanpajul) offers a several lush and well-maintained ways into the jungle, perfect for a family outing.
The pretty little park preserves 450 hectares (1.7 square miles) of almost untouched rainforest, into which they’ve packed all sorts of activities. The most popular trek is a self-guided hike (a little over an hour) that takes you to several spectacular viewpoints. There are also suspended bridges through the forest canopy, horseback rides, night safaris, birding treks, ATV rentals, and even a Tarzán Zip Line Canopy Tour, if you’re feeling particularly brave.
Though this tiny corner of the jungle has been partially developed, it’s still wild: More than 200 species of trees, 150 birds, and 40 mammals, including three types of monkey, all call the park home. It’s a great half-day trip, but keep in mind that wildlife is most active in the morning and evening.
Tours and Activities to Experience Ixpanpajul Natural Park (Parque Natural Ixpanpajul)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Things to do in Petén
- Things to do in San Ignacio
- Things to do in Hopkins
- Things to do in Belize City
- Things to do in Ambergris Caye
- Things to do in San Pedro Sula
- Things to do in Guatemala City
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in Antigua
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in Quetzaltenango
- Things to do in Puerto Quetzal
- Things to do in Roatan
- Things to do in The Cayes
- Things to do in Central Highlands