Hôtel de Vogüé
Part of the Historic Center of Dijon UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Hôtel de Vogüé has also been a listed Historic Monument since 1911. Inspired by the architecture of the Italian Renaissance, the landmark is celebrated for its elegant courtyard, complete with carved portico, and its many sculptural embellishments. Built for Etienne Bouhier and later inherited by the Vogüé family in 1766, it is among the best examples of a 17th-century hôtel particulier in all of France.
Given its location amidst Dijon’s other historical highlights, the Hôtel de Vogüé is easy to visit as part of an independent sightseeing day out.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The Hôtel de Vogüé is a popular Dijon destination for history buffs and architecture enthusiasts.
- Though the Hôtel de Vogüé is known for its Italian-inspired design, its colorful roof, composed of glazed tiles, is emblematic of Burgundian architecture.
- Look closely at its sculptures: Dijon is a prime destination for wine enthusiasts, and the Hôtel de Vogüé appropriately features carved grapevines on its columns.
- The Hôtel de Vogüé is free for all to visit.
How to Get There
The Hôtel de Vogüé is conveniently located in the center of Dijon. It is a quick walk from the Godrans station, which is served by the T1 and T2 trams, and is less than a 15-minute walk from the Gare de Dijon (Dijon’s main train station). It can also be reached by bike or by taxi.
When to Get There
The Hôtel de Vogüé is open daily from 9am–8pm. It also hosts a series of concerts and theatrical performances throughout the year, which see the venue open later in the evening; it’s advised to research its events calendar in advance of your visit.
Nearby Attractions The Hôtel de Vogüé is located just minutes from many of Dijon’s top historical attractions. After your visit, venture to the Church of Notre-Dame of Dijon, Philippe Le Bon Tower, the Palace of the Dukes and Burgundy States, and more.
- Things to do in Burgundy
- Things to do in Geneva
- Things to do in Montreux
- Things to do in Lyon
- Things to do in Annecy
- Things to do in Basel
- Things to do in Strasbourg
- Things to do in Lucerne
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Paris
- Things to do in Luxembourg City
- Things to do in Blois
- Things to do in Ferno
- Things to do in Lake Geneva
- Things to do in Rhône-Alpes