Casa K’inich Museum (Museo Casa K’inich)
This small interactive Casa K’inich Museum (Museo Casa K’inich) is a worthwhile visit for families, though opening hours can be more of a guide than a reality. It contains musical instruments and clothing items, as well as lessons on how to count in the ancient language and play their ball game.
The non-profit museum provides insight into the advanced astronomy and math knowledge of the Mayan elite, as well as a look into how the regular people lived their lives. All 34 exhibits have explanations in English and are meant to be touched.
This building was originally a barracks, so if you climb the ladders into the turrets you’ll be rewarded with an expansive view over the town and the Río Copan Valley.
Avenida Los Jaguares, five blocks north of the main square in Copan Ruinas. Hours: 8 a.m.–noon and 1–5 p.m. Mon.–Sat., closed Sundays. Admission: free for children, $1.25 adults
- Things to do in San Pedro Sula
- Things to do in Santa Ana
- Things to do in San Salvador
- Things to do in La Libertad
- Things to do in Acajutla
- Things to do in Tegucigalpa
- Things to do in Guatemala City
- Things to do in Antigua
- Things to do in San Ignacio
- Things to do in Flores
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- Things to do in Pacific Highlands
- Things to do in Petén