Top Central Highlands Outdoor Activities
153 results | All Central Highlands Tours
* A traveler said: "We could not have picked a more beautiful day for our trip, and our tour guide, Miguel, really made it phenomenal with his knowledge and insight. It was just a fantastic visit and opportunity to learn about the Mayan culture and architecture. Very well done!!"
* A traveler said: "One of the best values I have ever had on a vacation. Geo was a great guide showing us Antigua and the surrounding beautiful area. Never felt rushed and felt very safe."
* A traveler said: "Amazing experience. We had a guide who was super friendly, encouraging, knowledgeable, and passionate about the Mayan people. Everything went smoothly the whole day."
* A traveler said: "Great experience for anyone who loves nature. Very unique tour with hot springs and visible lava coming down the volcano"
* A traveler said: "Beautiful views of the other volcanoes while hiking up to the molten lava flow high on Pacaya. After the amazing hot smoky lava fields, the private time in the spa was the perfect way to clean up and relax our legs."
* A traveler said: "We saw so much more than we were expecting and Daryl was a fantastic guide. We had amazing food and cultural experiences. We tasted roasted coffee nibs, cumquat wine, soup, sangria. We saw the textile market, visited the old city, enjoyed the hammocks. A very full and very beautiful day. Worth every penny."
* A traveler said: "Great tour and awesome tour guide! Diego was really knowledgeable about the history and made riding the atvs slot of fun even in the rain. Would recommend."
* A traveler said: "Miguel was a great guide and driver. He was on time, patient, informative, helpful and caring. The lake is very scenic and we had the choice of what area we wanted to visit. There was a steep uphill walk with the kids but we were able to go at our own pace. Boat ride back was bumpy and the engine cut off close to end. Not too traumatic. The people were friendly and we got a few souvenirs."
* A traveler said: "Both tour guides were amazing! Very informative about the volcano, but also about the culture and history of Guatemala. Prompt pick up at the hotel. Beautiful views. Highly recommend."
* A traveler said: "A beautiful way to experience the area surrounding Antigua. The sunset over the mountains is spectacular and there are a couple stops along the way. Our guide was super friendly and overall we had a great experience. It was just the two of us and they allowed us to choose riding together or separately."
* A traveler said: "Fantastic thanks !....great tour......really interesting. Saw all the main sights with great guide Fernando Montenegro. Could not be more impressive. Great service and we also saw Flores which is beautiful."
* A traveler said: "The town we visited was colorful and beautiful. The lake was breath-taking and huge. Our tour guide was flexible to our needs and desire."
* A traveler said: "It's a really great experience to have if you ever visit Guatemala. My guide Davis was exceptional in showing me Pacaya Volcano and its surroundings."
* A traveler said: "It was a very good experience . My guide was knowledgeable and thoughtful!! Trip is highly recommended"
* A traveler said: "This is one of the best activities you can do in Guatemala. The company was Very professional and organized. Breathtaking views and very helpful staff. Bring lots of water, sun protection and a scarf for dust."
* A traveler said: "The tour was great and our guide was very knowledgeable about the site and the culture of Tikal. It was a wonderful day trip highlighting the most important temples. Be ready to hike all day!"
* A traveler said: "This tour was awesome!!! My guide, Pedro, was so nice and answered all my questions! Hiking up the volcano was truly an experience like no other! The views were breathtaking and the scenery was beautiful! I highly recommend this tour!!!"
* A traveler said: "What a wonderful way to experience the area, with Lee and his wife and a team of local tour guides. in hindsight I may have stayed the night there at the lake. Kayak Guatemala offers a well organized and very professional experience with lots of depth and very educational. Highly recommend."
* A traveler said: "I was visiting Antigua for the first time and i wanted to get the most out of it. So I decided to hire a local guide and I’m glad I did! Diego Lee was my guide for the day and he did an amazing job! He took me all over the city and was very knowledgeable as he explained the history part of all the places he took me to. Highly recommend!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- La Aurora Zoo (Zoólogico la Aurora)
- National Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology (MUNAE)
- Iglesia de Santo Domingo
- National Palace
- Palace of the Captains General (Palacio de los Capitanes Generales)
- Antigua City Hall (Palacio del Ayuntamiento)
- Pacaya Volcano
- Catedral de Santiago (Antigua Cathedral)
- Las Capuchinas (Convento de Las Capuchinas)
- Biotopo del Quetzal
- Lanquín Caves (Grutas de Lanquín)
- Plaza de la Constitución (Parque Central)
- Casa Santo Domingo (Monasterio de Santo Domingo)
- Semuc Champey
- Museum of Colonial Art (Museo de Arte Colonial)
- IRTRA Mundo Petapa
- Relief Map (Mapa en Relieve)
- Mixco Viejo
- Things to do in Guatemala City
- Things to do in Antigua
- Things to do in Western Highlands
- Things to do in The Cayes
- Things to do in Oaxaca
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in San Salvador
- Things to do in San Pedro Sula
- Things to do in San Ignacio
- Things to do in Riviera Maya & the Yucatan
- Things to do in Guanacaste and Northwest
- Things to do in Central Pacific
- Things to do in Central Valley
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast