Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii This Summer
Summer is high season on the Big Island. It’s also the best time to soak up the beach culture, play in the water, and take advantage of the extra hours of sunlight and the dryer weather. Here are some ideas on how best to enjoy summer on the island.
- Get a birds-eye view of the island on a doors-off helicopter tour.
- Go sailing and snorkeling at Captain Cook Monument at Kealakekua Bay, or along Waikoloa and the Kohala coastlines.
- Learn to stand-up paddleboard in calmer waters.
- Experience the culture and food of the islands at a traditional luau.
- Enjoy the sunshine on a white sand, green sand, or black sand beach.
- See manta rays feed on a night snorkel or dive with manta rays.
- Go sport fishing for marlin and yellowfin tuna.
- Look for sea turtles at Punaluu, Kahaluu Beach Park or Kiholo Bay.
Sample the many flavors of a refreshing shave ice.
8 Tours and Activities
- How to Get Off the Beaten Path on the Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Spend 3 Days on the Big Island
- How to Spend 1 Day on the Big Island
- Where to Stay on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities on the Big Island of Hawaii
- First-Timers Guide to the Big Island of Hawaii
- Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii This Summer