MACHmit! Museum for Children (Kindermuseum MachtMit)
Discover the learning potential in play during a visit to the Kindermuseum MachMit, designed for children. This hands-on museum engages all of the senses through arts and crafts, special workshops, and interactive exhibits. It’s also a popular place for birthday parties and other events for kids.
Kids are encouraged to use play to learn, explore, and discover during various experiences at this museum. Special workshops include a variety of activities from porcelain painting to sewing to weaving to theater and dance. The museum also offers several seasonal or holiday-based activities, such as painting eggs at Easter. Special exhibitions introduce kids to well-known artists, typography, world cultures, and more.
Things to know before you go
- Kindermuseum MachMit is a must-see attraction for parents seeking an educational experience for kids.
- Entrance is free for refugee children and families.
- A wide range of international children’s books are available for browsing in the Book Wonder Chamber.
How to get there
The Kindermuseum MachMit is located in the Prenzlauer Berg neighborhood of Berlin at Senefelderstrasse 5. It can be reached by public transportation and is a short walk from the S-Bahn at Prenzlauer Allee or the U-Bahn at U Eberswalder Strasse.
When to get there
The museum is open from Tuesday through Sunday (closed on Monday). Family tickets are available that include two adults and up to three kids for a reduced price. The summer is a popular season for locals and international visitors. Expect school breaks and summer days to be busy. Group tours can be arranged by reaching out to the museum in advance.
This museum features a wide range of temporary exhibitions. Experiences for kids might include the chance to ride a bike through a distant city (with the assistance of technology), listen to a radio station from the other side of the globe, or practice a specific kind of dance from a different part of the world.
- Things to do in Potsdam
- Things to do in Rostock
- Things to do in Poznan
- Things to do in Hamburg
- Things to do in Karlovy Vary
- Things to do in Prague
- Things to do in Wroclaw
- Things to do in Copenhagen
- Things to do in Nuremberg
- Things to do in Gdansk
- Things to do in Munich
- Things to do in Warsaw
- Things to do in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Things to do in Northern Germany
- Things to do in Bohemia
- New National Gallery (Neue Nationalgalerie)
- Museum of Decorative Arts (Kunstgewerbemuseum)
- Gemälde Gallery (Gemaeldegalerie)
- Art Library (Kunstbibliothek)
- Potsdamer Platz
- Berlin Philharmonic Hall (Berliner Philharmonie)
- Berlin Musical Instrument Museum (Musikinstrumenten-Museum)
- Wintergarten Berlin
- Legoland Discovery Centre Berlin
- Schwules Museum (Gay Museum)
- GDR Watch Tower (DDR-Wachturm)
- Bauhaus Archive Museum of Design (Bauhaus-Archiv Museum für Gestaltung)
- German Museum of Technology (Deutsches Technikmuseum)