Amsterdam Tulip Museum
The miniscule but informative Tulip Museum is just across Prinsengracht canal from the Anne Frank House and has recently has a major revamp. The all-new displays take a colourful and cheery look at Amsterdam’s obsession with tulips in the 17th century, when the bulbs were imported from the Himalayas and sold on the open market in The Netherlands. For years they were more highly prized than gold and prices became so over-inflated that the country nearly went bankrupt when trade in the bulbs collapsed in 1637. This sorry tale of national folly is related in a series of basement exhibitions alongside cleverly designed woodcuts showing the journey of tulips from the Far East into Europe. Today’s multi-million-euro Dutch bulb industry is also showcased against the stunning backdrop of vast photos of tulips in glorious technicolor that adorn the walls. On the ground level of the museum is one of Amsterdam’s classier souvenir stores, selling bulbs and flowers that can be packaged for transporting overseas.
Tours and tickets to Experience Amsterdam Tulip Museum
What are Amsterdam Tulip Museum hours of operation?
Should I book Amsterdam Tulip Museum tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Amsterdam Tulip Museum 2021?
What's the best way to experience Amsterdam Tulip Museum?
- Amsterdam Canal Cruise in Classic River Boat With Drinks & Dutch Cheese
- Luxury Canal Tour with Local Live Guide - Sightseeing - from Rijkmuseum
- Personal Travel and Vacation Photographer Tour in Amsterdam
- PRIVATE and SAFE Saloon Boat Ride: Amsterdam Canal Cruise & Unlimited Drinks
Things to do near Amsterdam
- Things to do in Zaandam
- Things to do in The Hague
- Things to do in Rotterdam
- Things to do in Dordrecht
- Things to do in Leeuwarden
- Things to do in Eindhoven
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Ghent
- Things to do in Bruges
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Cologne
- Things to do in Dover
- Things to do in North Holland
- Things to do in South Holland
- Things to do in Flanders